During the purchase of the phone, any buyer hopes that it does not take a fake. After all, he pays for the quality guaranteed by the official organization, and in case of breakdown, he can hope for repairs under the guarantee. But sometimes it happens that the phone turns out to be a fake, and as a result, the user is deprived of all the guarantees provided by the company. Therefore it is very important to know how to check the phone for authenticity.
1. Do not buy phones that passers-by offer to you. Typically, these products are very cheap, but remember: a genuine product can not cost below cost.
2. Do not trust doubtful places of sale. It is better to look into the official and well-known phone shop.
3. Do not buy handsets. Not only is the phone used, it may also happen that the former owner just sold it, that he learned about the fake.
4. If you decide to buy a certain model, then it is better to remember not only its appearance, but also technical characteristics.
If you live in the Russian Federation, you should know that vehicles that are officially imported into the territory of the state are tested for safety. If the phone has been tested, then under the battery you can find a sticker with the sign of RosTest (PCT).
Companies such as Nokia or Samsung also have their own way of checking the phone for authenticity. You can check your IMEI code for registration. To do this, go to the official website of the company, find the necessary contacts and send the code for verification. After a while you will receive an answer.
Apple, which has become so popular in Russia thanks to the iPhone, has its own ways of testing products for authenticity. After all, such popularity has generated and set of swindlers who have taken advantage of it and began to make cheap fakes, outwardly very similar to popular phones.
1. The iPhone screen is three and a half inches diagonally. If it is smaller, then the product is a fake.
2. Slots for the SIM-card from the iPhone, too, are different. For example, the 4th generation iPhone has a slot on the side. Moreover, this model supports micro SIM-card, rather than the usual one.
3. Each iPhone has a 12-digit serial number, which can be checked on the package and the device itself. You can see it in the phone menu, but when you buy, you can not do this, because you need to activate it for this. If you turned it on immediately, it means that the product is either not genuine, or someone has already used it.
When buying any device, do not hesitate to ask the sellers questions. If they refuse to provide you with proof of authenticity, then you should not deal with such a store.