Devices that use the Android operating system in their work have long received a reputation for rapidly expending energy. The calibration of the "Android" battery can help with this. What is this process, and how?
Why is the Android battery calibrated?
The fact is that the operating system remembers the modes of power consumption. As a result, it can not operate the battery in the optimal way. Carrying out a calibration helps to fix this problem. But if it does not help, then you need a new battery (or that's it).
Some actions require a superuser (getting root rights), others do not need this. And although the main topic of the article is calibration in the absence of them, all options will be considered so that you can choose what you want.
How to make sure there is a problem?
Before you decide something, you need to make sure that there is a need for it. It may also be that you are all right. Check the operation of your device with two symptoms:
- Calibration of the battery on the "Android" is necessary if the device starts to turn off before the full discharge occurs. The screen can display 20, 50 or even 95 percent of the battery charge. But the smartphone or tablet, in spite of this, still turns off.
- The mobile device's operating time is quickly reduced. If immediately after purchase the tablet was discharged in five days, in a month - for four, and in two - in general for three, - yes, this is a sure sign that the battery is not set up correctly. Therefore, the calibration of the "Android" battery is required.
In both cases, it is necessary to conduct the action without delay.
What is called calibration?
If you turn to the dictionaries, you can find out what it is called bringing the device or device to an optimal state. Often this term is used in an electrician when it is necessary to bring something under a certain standard. In our case, the calibration of the Android battery is done to improve the power consumption and maximize battery life.
Feature of calibration in the absence of root-rights
The first way to calibrate without root rights
Initially, we need to know what capacity is in the battery (the amount of milliampere-hour). Find this information by looking at the battery itself. If nothing is written on it, then look for the necessary data on the Internet (preferably in a review of a particular model). And why do we need this parameter? It shows how many milliamps can give a battery in one hour. If this indicator increases, then the capacity drops. Now in the "Play Store" find the application that will show the battery charge in milliamperes. You can search for Battery Monitor. As a recommendation, we draw attention to the CurrentWidget application. With the help of its control, you need to charge the battery to the rate that is provided by the manufacturer. Once the required amount of milliampere is reached, you must turn off the mobile device and start it again. This reboot of the tablet or smartphone should make it clear what level of battery power is present. If this does not help, do the same for five cycles. The capacity of the battery must be at the required maximum. After the fifth charging in 10-20 seconds after it was stopped (and the device is disconnected), it is necessary to make a complete reset of all settings (roll them back to the factory ones). To do this, dial * # * # 7780 # * # * and click on the call button. If this USSD request does not pass, then it is necessary to search for information which analogue is used on your "Android" device.
The second way to calibrate without a superuser
- Charge the battery so that the display shows 100%. After this it is necessary to disconnect the charger. Turn off the smartphone itself (tablet). Then connect the charging cable to the device and wait until the battery is fully charged. It is desirable to orientate on the LED indicator, but if it does not - on what is displayed on the screen.
- Turn on your device and deactivate the ability to turn off the screen on the machine. To do this, you usually need to work with the display settings (sleep mode). When the device starts to turn off, then we recharge the battery to 100%.
- When the phone or tablet is fully charged, it will need to be able to work properly with the battery. And the full cycle of detente will not be a problem for him now. But do not forget to activate the "sleep mode" again.
As you can see, calibration of the battery of the Android-tablet or smartphone does not constitute a problem even without root-rights. Are there any other ways to debug a gadget? Now we will find out.
The third way to calibrate with no root authority
- Initially, you need to turn on your device and put it on charge. In this state, it must be kept for at least eight hours.
- Then you need to unplug the charger from your smartphone or tablet.
- Turn off the equipment. After that we continue to charge it for at least one more hour.
- Disconnect the gadget from power.
- We turn on the smartphone or tablet for two minutes.
- Turn off the device and in this condition, we continue charging it for at least an hour.
- Turn off the power and turn on the tablet or smartphone. Now you can use it in normal mode.
Tips for calibration without root-rights
Finally I want to give some recommendations:
- If the battery is more than 5 years, then it's better to think about buying a new battery. But if you still decide to do the calibration, and it will be without effect, then do not be surprised. It is necessary to understand that calibration of the device does not restore the battery . Therefore, do not expect an increase in the energy reserve of a new battery, and the resuscitation of a virtually "dead" power source.
- Take care of the original charging. Other devices can quickly land a battery of the phone or tablet. This is due to the difference between the optimal and supply voltage, current level, its frequency and some other factors.
- With prolonged work in places with poor communication (mountains or aircraft), the battery loses its charge at an accelerated rate. The point is in physics - they need to catch a signal, and they are looking for it in a strengthened mode.
We hope that these recommendations will help you to form a relationship to the device and work well with it for a long time. Although speaking of the opinion of the knowledgeable people, they believe that the calibration of the Android battery (4pda, ciberforum and other specialized sites claim so) should still be carried out with the root-rights.