On the territory of Russia, a medicinal plant is widely spread, like a motherwort. It is known in people and under other names: a herb heart or nettle canine. For medicinal purposes this plant has been used since the 10th century. In our times, few people know what a motherwort looks like. And in vain! After all, with the help of this herb, you can very quickly get rid of many sores.
Motherwort (grass): photo
How does the motherwort look? This plant is characterized by the following features:
- Height of two meters;
- Straight tetrahedral stem;
- A woody rhizome;
- Green leaves covered with hairs;
- Pink-purple flowers collected in whorls.
For medicinal purposes, specialists in alternative medicine use the herb of the motherwort. It is harvested during the budding period or during the flowering of this plant.
To dry the above potion, healers are recommended in rooms that are well ventilated, at a temperature of at least 50 and a maximum of 60 degrees Celsius.
The chemical composition of miracle plants
- Essential oils - have a sedative effect;
- Alkaloids - a mixture of organic substances;
- Glycosides - take part in the normalization of the functioning of the heart and its system (for example, restore the heart rhythm);
- Phytoncides - have antibacterial properties.
In addition, tannins, vitamins C, E, carotene, minerals, sugar substances also contains a motherwort. Medicinal herb has saponins in its composition.
Pharmacological properties of this plant
- Restores heart rhythm;
- Has a diuretic effect;
- Contributes to the increase in heart rate;
- Normalizes the work of the heart and its system;
- Lowers arterial pressure;
- Removes the spasm of blood vessels;
- Normalizes the work of the genito-urinary organs;
- Helps restore a regular menstrual cycle;
- Improves digestion;
- Acts as a sleeping pill;
- Acts as an analgesic.
Due to the fact that phytoncides are present in the above plant, experts pay attention to its antimicrobial effect.
Lawn motherwort: application
This plant, thanks to its medicinal constituents, alternative medicine is used for the therapy of multiple diseases. Even there is a special list of diseases that the herb Leonurus treats. Experts recommend the use of the above plant with the following health problems:
- Cold and other viral diseases;
- Diseases of the respiratory system (pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis, pulmonary insufficiency);
- Problems with the heart and blood vessels (angina pectoris, dystonia, arrhythmia);
- Increased pressure or tendency to hypertension;
- Diseases of the skin (trophic ulcer);
- Problems with the stomach and gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, gastroduodenitis, stomach ulcer, diarrhea, cholecystitis, pancreatitis);
- Cystitis, urethritis;
- Formation of stones;
- Toxicosis of pregnant women;
- Menopause, various disorders of the menstrual cycle.
This list contains many more diseases, which treats motherwort-grass. The photo will help to correctly identify it among other plants and use it for its intended purpose.
Recipe for tincture from motherwort
- 10 gr. Dry raw materials;
- 200 ml of drinking water.
In an enamel saucepan, boil the indicated amount of water. Pour this liquid dry grass motherwort. This mixture should be kept for a quarter of an hour in a water bath, and then cool well and drain.
In such a healing drink, you need to add a little more boiled water to bring its amount to the original level. This medicine is taken on a third of the glass every 8 hours, but it is mandatory before consuming any food.
Contraindications to the use of Leonurus for medicinal purposes
- Presence of symptoms of gastrointestinal ulcers, gastritis;
- Individual intolerance of drugs from the motherwort;
It is also worth noting that it is necessary to strictly comply with the dosage of tincture from this medication, since if it is significantly exceeded, a person may sharply increase pressure, the frequency of heart attacks may decrease.
Few of us know what the wasteland-grass looks like, and many do not even suspect its useful properties. Specialists of alternative medicine strongly recommend that you always keep this plant in your home medicine cabinet just in case!