For some aesthetic anglers, the crucian is considered a fish almost weedy, unworthy of professional attention. But many of the lovers still want to catch this unpretentious little fish. Moreover, under the condition of biting fishing becomes a pleasure: the crucian with a palm and more size, as a rule, feeds in packs, and therefore it is caught one by one, without ceasing. For an hour or two on a simple float fishing rod you can drag an entire bucket!
What kind of float is needed for carp fishing?
Since many fishermen are catching the crucian carp just for the usual sliding or sectional float fishing rod, this question is probably asked to themselves every second, going fishing. And not by chance. Floats for carp fishing are selected, given some nuances. Among them - the skills and method of fishing, the size of the copies of the expected catch, the depth and weather conditions, the nature of the reservoir.
So, for running water with a fairly strong current, you need to take floats to catch carp with thin antennas. It must be so that even a small bite becomes visible. Catching crucian carp at the current is quite difficult: it is better to choose a backwater with a slow run where the crucian can feed.
In the still water
And best of all, fishing on a pond or a forest lake, on quiet water. Carp - a fish that lives almost everywhere, where there is adequate food. Here floats for catching crucian carp should be taken with thickening at the top of the antennae. And catch more convenient and efficient from the bottom, then all the bites will be seen on time. They are seen as due to the fact that the bait is laid on the bottom, and the crucian goes up with them, hence the float will also be laid out.
Myths about the perfect tackle
Of course, the ideal version of gear simply does not exist in nature. However, there is some kind of averaged option that can be approached in most cases and for different conditions. Most likely, it will be a float with a rather thin body - the main part. Antena - medium length. Upper tip - slightly enlarged. Such a float and will allow for long-range casting, and will not get lost among the ripples, and is effective with a side wind. Sometimes it makes sense to use the sliding method of attachment.
Floats for carp fishing: how to equip a tackle?
First of all, you need to properly load the float so that it is very sensitive and allows you to perform far casts. At home, this procedure can be done by typing water in a large bucket or in a bath. Then you need to fix the float on the line and use flexible plates or balls to balance the tackle so that it does not completely sink into the water, but it does not fall to the side. Roughly speaking, you need to ship the float so that it is half out of the water, this will be the most correct position (add or subtract the weight with a sinker).
Once the process is completed, you can adjust the hook approximately 50 centimeters from the weight (weighing approximately 2.5-3 grams). This will allow the hooked bait to sink quickly to the bottom, without being torn by a small fry. At the same time, some fishermen also hang an additional sinker weighing 0.2-0.4 grams near the hook (10 centimeters). This allows the float to later perfectly signal when bitten. And the crucian, taking the bait, usually rises upwards and does not notice an additional weight that allows you to make cuttings in time and fish out. And remember that the best floats for catching crucian carp are well-adjusted and adjusted gear. From this, success and catchability may depend.
Some fishermen, in order not to buy at exorbitant prices in the store, prefer self-made floats for carp fishing. Such tackle is even more to the liking of professionals, since it has the most efficiency and is produced, as a rule, for a certain place of fishing, under a certain fishing rod and often by the fisherman. So you can always take into account your own whims and wishes, so that the tackle as much as possible corresponds to a specific case. It is possible to make such a float from a piece of foam plastic and improvised means, it costs a penny, and the pleasure with further use is mass. So, we start making.
- A piece of dense foam plastic (for example, from an old lifejacket) is sawed into small rectangles: we make the workpieces under the body of the floats. The easiest way to make them several at once. Dimensions - from 3 to 5 centimeters in height, and the diameter - up to one and a half (someone like it, but do not still make them too small).
- We buy thin bamboo skewers for shish kebabs. They cost a penny for the whole set.
- We select a drill of the appropriate diameter (so that the skewer tightly enters the foam, and not hanging there) and drill the pieces of polystyrene into the center.
- We attach the circular blades to the blanks with a knife. A more accurate turning is done using sandpaper manually or using the same drill.
- Skewer fix in the body of the float, dripping one drop of instant glue and pushing it so that it peeks from both sides of the workpiece (on the one hand - twice as much).
- Primers for tackle are made of PVA and baby powder with water emulsion. This gruel covers the entire body of the float.
- We paint in bright colors with water-repellent paint. The same procedure must be performed with the antenna itself.
- Let's finally dry up - and can be used, pre-shipped in a bath with water at home. This is one of the possible manufacturing options. But you can choose the other or come up with yourself, showing the fishing savvy.