Potato cakes are a simple and tasty dish that any housewife can easily prepare in her kitchen. In our article, we will describe in detail the recipes, and also share some secrets of their preparation.
Finnish flat cakes
To prepare this nutritious and tasty dish, you will need a pan and a few simple ingredients. How to make potato cakes at home? The recipe is simple:
- Prepare 500 grams of mashed potatoes beforehand, and then refrigerate it.
- Sift 250 grams of wheat flour, add to it 100 grams of soluble oatmeal and a bag of baking powder.
- Separately, whisk one egg chicken with three tablespoons of melted and chilled butter, one teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Combine the prepared foods and knead the dough out of them. Cover the finished product with a towel and leave it alone for 20 minutes.
- When the time is right, divide the dough into ten equal parts and roll out of them into a circle with a thickness of five or ten millimeters. This operation you can do with a rolling pin or with your hands.
- Place the potato cakes on a baking sheet covered with parchment, and puncture them with a fork in several places.
- Prepare the dish in a preheated oven until golden brown.
You can serve tortillas with fish, meat or vegetables. Also, flat cakes are perfectly combined with cheese, ham and hot drinks.
Potato cakes with minced meat
This simple but original dish contains a minimal amount of ingredients. Prepare potato cakes in a frying pan can be very simple:
- Wash ten or twelve potatoes of medium size, peel them and peel on a large grater.
- Prepare 300 grams of homemade meat (to do this, scroll the meat grinder meat beef and pork, and then combine and mix the ingredients). Add to it a crushed bulb, two chicken eggs, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- To the potatoes also add two eggs, four tablespoons of flour, pepper and salt.
- Preheat the frying pan, pour a little vegetable oil in it and put a cake of potatoes. On it, put a layer of minced meat and close the structure with another potato cake.
Roast the food on both sides for seven or ten minutes - until the ready-made meat and ruddy crust on the potatoes.
Potato cakes with cheese
This nutritious snack is prepared very quickly, and you can easily cook it for a snack. We are sure that no one can resist the aroma of processed cheese, fresh greens and roasted potato crust. Recipe:
- Boil until ready six potatoes in a uniform, then peel them off and mash with a fork.
- Wash the dill and parsley thoroughly and finely chop with a knife.
- 80 grams of hard cheese, grate on a fine grater.
- Combine the prepared foods, add to them three cloves garlic, passed through the press, salt to taste and mix.
- From the finished mass, form cakes with hands and fry them in vegetable oil to a crusty crust.
Pieces of mashed potatoes serve on the table as soon as they are ready.
Fragrant flat cakes
Before you, a recipe for snacks from potatoes, which we decided to give a special flavor and aroma. You can serve them to the table as a separate dish, for example, with sour cream or as a side dish. A recipe for potato tortillas with spices read below:
- Peel and cook until cooked in salted water 500 grams of potatoes.
- When it cools down, stir it and add one chicken egg.
- Put pepper, salt, chopped coriander or any other spices in a bowl.
- Add 100 grams of flour to the products and mix them thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into five equal parts, roll each into a bowl, and then form cakes from them.
- Roll the billets in flour and lay them on a baking tray, make punctures with a fork, grease them with vegetable oil and sprinkle with sesame.
Bake the potato cakes to a golden color in a preheated oven.
Pancakes from potatoes, mushrooms and cheese
This fragrant snack will please even the most severe culinary critic. Prepare a dough for it in the evening, and in the morning please the loved ones with a hearty and delicious breakfast. How to cook potato cakes:
- Boil four potatoes in a uniform, cool them, peel and mash them in a mash.
- Chicken egg whisk with a teaspoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of salt. Add to them a tablespoon of sour cream and mayonnaise, a teaspoon of mustard and a spoonful of vegetable oil.
- Sift half a cup of flour and two teaspoons of baking powder.
- Combine the products and knead the dough. Leave it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour (and can be overnight).
- For the filling you can use any products in any proportions. For example, fry champignons with onion, chop finely, and hard cheese and boiled egg grate on a fine grater. Mix the foods, add salt and any spices to them.
- Grease the baking tray with oil or cover with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into several pieces, form cakes from them and roll them in flour. Lay out on each large slide fillings and bake in a preheated oven until cooked.
Serve the fragrant dish to the table with hot tea or coffee.
If you liked our recipes, then try to cook delicious dishes for them on your relatives. We are sure that they will be satisfied and will repeatedly ask you to repeat this culinary experience.