Currently, an increasing number of women turn to a gynecologist with a pathology such as polyps in the vagina. Photo of such growths in none of the women does not cause positive emotions. What is this disease? Polyp is a neoplasm, which in 99 cases out of 100 has a benign basis. It can form both on the mucous membrane of the vagina, and inside the uterus. Polyp has the ability to grow inside the body or cervix. Its dimensions can be very different. Because of the small leg, it looks like cauliflower.
Polyps in the vagina. Symptoms and causes of education
Despite the fact that all the reasons for the appearance have not yet been fully explored, today we can distinguish some of the most common.
A number of studies have shown that one of the main causes of their appearance are various inflammatory processes.
The papilloma virus affects the mucous membranes of the vagina. It promotes the formation of a polyp. It is believed that the virus of the papilloma is very contagious. It can be transmitted not only through sexual contact, but also from mother to child.
Polyps can appear in the vagina also in women after the birth of a child. After all, in the process of procreation, damage to the mucous membrane of the vagina occurs. Such damage can also be a consequence of sexual intercourse.
The cause of education can be a disease of the endocrine system or hormonal failure (it can provoke childbirth, abortion or gynecological surgery).
The polyp in the vagina often has a reddish color. But if the circulation is violated or if there is constant friction, it can change to a purple or blue-burgundy hue.
In rare cases, one can observe the formation of several growths. This phenomenon is called polyposis.
The formation of a tumor of this type for a long time is not accompanied by any symptoms. Disturb it begins only during the period of growth, with damage or when twisting the legs. In this case, a woman may notice:
- pink discharge, which becomes more abundant after sexual intercourse;
- bleeding or bleeding;
- attacks of sharp pain in the groin area, intensifying after intimate affinity. An unpleasant sensation a woman can also experience during sexual intercourse, also when examined by a gynecologist;
- violation of the monthly cycle and the growth of its duration;
- impossibility to conceive a child. Most women often consult a doctor with this problem. On examination, it turns out that it is the polyps that are the reason why the reproductive function is violated. Also, such formation makes it difficult for spermatozoa to enter the egg.
Polyps of the vagina. Treatment and Diagnosis
Due to the fact that this neoplasm can for a long time not manifest itself in any way, its detection mostly occurs on a routine examination with a gynecologist. It is simply impossible not to notice this growth. To confirm the diagnosis, ultrasound or colposcopy is prescribed. And also the histological examination is mandatory . After all, although small, but the probability that education is malignant, there is still.
It is simply impossible to remove the papilloma virus from the woman's body. Therefore, the treatment is an operation. In the course of it, education itself will be cut out.
Removal of the polyp of the vagina is possible in various ways. But no matter how the operation is performed, this procedure is performed under local anesthesia.
- Surgical. The polyp is cut from the vaginal tissues with a scalpel. This method is considered the most common. After all, after removal, the polyp remains intact, and you can conduct an analysis and find out whether this tumor is benign or malignant. After surgical intervention, sutures are applied to the damaged area of the vagina.
- Twisting of the polyp followed by coagulation. This method allows you to reduce the likelihood of relapse to a minimum.
- Vacuum removal. It is used only for a small amount of growth. With this method, the vaginal mucosa is practically not injured.
- Laser and freezing. Removal of the polyp in this way is possible, but on condition that before that a histological study was done. Because the polyp is completely destroyed after this procedure.
Pregnancy and Education
If the polyp in the vagina is found in a pregnant woman, it will be removed only after childbirth. Do not touch it before. After all, he does not represent any danger to the fetus. But after the polyp was removed, wishing to become pregnant should hurry. After all, the likelihood of a relapse is possible in a year.
Regardless of which method was used to remove the polyp, after this procedure there will be discomfort, and still possible the appearance of blood secretions. However, the process of recovery lasts for a relatively short time. Soon, a woman can return to her habitual way of life.
Treatment of the polyp in the vagina by folk methods
For those who are afraid or unwilling to remove education, there are folk methods of treatment. But before applying them in practice, it should be considered that the consequences of self-treatment can be unpredictable and this new formation can transform into malignant.
To prepare the product you will need:
- Raw pumpkin seeds, ground on a coffee grinder, - 6 tablespoons;
- Boiled chicken yolks - 7 pieces;
- Sunflower oil - 0.5 liters.
All the ingredients must be mixed and kept in a water bath for 20 minutes, not bringing to a boil. After that, for ten days you need to eat 1 teaspoonful, after five days the procedure can be repeated. The medicine should be stored in the refrigerator throughout the course.
The second remedy is garlic tampons. Grated garlic is placed in gauze and in the form of a tampon inserted into the vagina at night for ten days. This procedure should be conducted three courses with breaks of seven days.
Many women know firsthand about polyps in the vagina. In our article, we have described in detail what the given education is, how it arises. Also considered methods of treatment. Timeliness of detection of education reduces the risk of recurrence and the likelihood of developing cancer.