Original candlestick made of cones
Pine cones are not only a beautiful decoration for everyone's favorite tree, but also a wonderful material for creating magnificent products. Especially popular are self-made candlesticks made of pine cones, because they help bring comfort to the home, as well as fill the house with fabulous flickering candles.
Holiday every day
Most often crafts made of natural material, made of cones, make for the arrival of the New Year and Christmas, and after the holidays are simply removed to collect dust until next year. But such a thing as a candlestick can be useful all year round. It all depends on the way the product is decorated. If you apply sparkles and shimmering beads, then the "house" for candles will look festive and in winter fabulous. And if, for example, cones combine with sea stones, coffee beans or even with cinnamon sticks, the candlestick will acquire a completely different appearance, more casual, but romantic at the same time.
The most important requirement in the creation of all types of candlesticks is their production of non-combustible materials. Also, they should not be too cumbersome, otherwise the appearance and functionality of the products will be lost. But this applies only to portable candlesticks, and if they are stationary, then the use of large compositions is allowed.
In order to create a beautiful candlestick made of cones for the New Year, you do not need to be an artist or a great master. It is only necessary to show a little imagination and use the necessary materials. A very interesting idea is the production of such hand-made articles without the use of additional details of the decor. To do this, it is necessary to drill a small hole in the cone in the shape of a candle, but it must be done carefully, so that the material does not crumble. As an ornament, you can use golden or silver paint, as well as sequins of any color. To the candlestick was stable, the bottom of the cone should be glued a small round saw from the tree. In the end, having performed all the actions correctly, we get the original candlestick, as in the photo below.
Such a candlestick made of cones is good not only for its appearance, but also for its multifunctionality. Because it can be used both in one copy, and form different compositions. Very popular are single "fireflies" when decorating a festive table. To add this kind of candlesticks of greater originality, they can be painted in different colors and covered with sequins.
Fans of unique and bright things will come up with a candlestick made of cones, which will require the entire palette of colors. To create such a masterpiece, you need to prepare a lot of cones and each of them to paint in their own color. Then you need to take a large plate and start gluing bumps to it, imitating the mountain. Painted parts must be glued in such a way that neither the plate nor the voids between the cones can be seen. When forming a candlestick on the top of the hill, you need to make several holes - they serve as candle holders.
In this handcraft, long and narrow candles of different colors will look best. If desired, the composition can be sprinkled with varnish with sparkles or glued small pearl beads. The candlestick created in this way is suitable for decoration of a festive table or it will become an excellent detail of the decor of the room as a whole. Those who do not like large and cumbersome details in the interior, it is suggested to perform this kind of candlestick not on a large plate, but on a small saucer.
Consider how to make simple candlesticks of cones (master class).
To do this, you need the following materials:
- 2 glass jars with high twisting lids of 1 liter capacity;
- Twigs of pine;
- Cluster of mountain ash;
- Fruit of a dogrose or any other bright berries;
- Small round candles in tin rims;
We proceed to manufacture.
- In the banks you need to alternately put cones, twigs of pine and the available fruits.
- Glycerin is mixed with water in a ratio of 1: 1 and pour the contents of the cans to a level just below the neck.
- From the cardboard cut 2 circles around the diameter of the neck of the can and wrap them in cellophane. Then you need to put them one at a time in each container in such a way that the liquid does not show through the edges of the circles.
- Melt the wax and pour it on top of the laid circles of cardboard and cellophane.
- In the lids from the cans make small holes in such a way that they fit tightly into the candles.
- Banks screw up and insert into the carved holes of the candle.
The amazing crafts made of this natural material (cones) can be used not only on winter holidays, but also on weekdays.
It's easier to go
Continuing the theme of using cones and glass jars as candlesticks, you can create another kind of such useful things. The recommended candlestick made of cones, or rather using them for decoration, is very easy to make. To do this, you need:
- glass jar;
- Small candles;
- Ribbons or a thin brown rope;
- Gold or silver paint in can;
- Silvery sequins;
- Golden thread for fastening cones.
- In the jar you need to pour large salt mixed with sparkles. Fill it with about a third.
- A neck of a bank to tie a rope or a ribbon and to fasten a bow.
- A pair of cones to paint in the desired color and bind to them a golden thread (like a Christmas tree toy).
- Fasten the bumps on the neck of the jar.
- Put the candle in the container.
This candlestick is very easy to make, so even a child can cope with work. If desired, the can can be additionally sealed with sequins, halves of beads or applique from white paper.
The original candlestick made of cones and cans can be used not only as a tabletop object. If you add a couple of parts to it, it will turn into a hanging candlestick that will look beautiful both on the tree in the garden and in the house on the wall. If you make several such crafts, they can well illuminate the room, creating a romantic mood.
In order to make such changes in the candlestick, you will need beautiful and strong chains or ribbons. They need to be firmly attached to the neck of the jar. Closing the tank is not necessary, otherwise the candles will not burn.