People have long noticed that some varieties of berries are curative for our body. For example, in Asia they read a medlar, and in the south of Ukraine they grow physalis. And if in the northern regions of Russia they say that honeysuckle is a jam that brings strength and strengthens immunity, then we, in the central and southern regions, have their own proven means - the red currant!
Both the pure berries themselves and the red currant jam contain a huge amount of pectins that help prevent the occurrence of respiratory-viral diseases, increase the weakened immunity and remove toxins and toxins from the human body while preventing the development of inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract.
In cooking it is prepared not only known to everyone jelly and fruit drinks, but also jam. The latter in turn has a special delicious aroma and is often taken with a cold as an antipyretic.
But first of all the red currant is, of course, an amazing treat, capable of impressing even the most capricious gourmets with its taste.
Jam made of red currant, due to the gelling properties of the berries themselves, turns out to be quite thick in its consistency, and therefore is not only an ideal filling for pies or pancakes, but in itself it can become a real decoration of the table. Just imagine: a transparent crystal vase, filled to the top with a juicy red delicacy.
I do not know about you, and I, hardly notice this dish on the table, just can not resist and do not run after the spoon, while on the run putting a kettle on the stove or pouring a full mug of milk! Jam from red currants! Is there anything more delicious?
Have you ever tried this yummy in your life?
What, really, did not happen? You know, I, I guess, envy you. Now read the recipe, cook, and you will expect an unprecedented feast! Lucky same! Personally, I just love to discover culinary novelties!
And to prepare such jam is not at all difficult, for this it will only be necessary to follow this recipe step by step.
So, the red currant: jam. List of ingredients:
- Berries - 1 kg;
- Granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- Water - ½ cup;
- Vanillin - 1 sachet.
1. First of all, remember that you will need only large berries, because To prepare really tasty jam from a red currant it is possible, only using krupnoplodnye grades.
2. Rice the berries well under running water and separate the bones from them. After that, for drying, it is recommended to spread them in one layer on a previously prepared clean and dry towel or paper.
3. While the currant dries, you in the meantime, fill in the pellet with sugar and pour the necessary amount of water. This sweet mass is recommended to bring to a boil over low heat. Stir is necessary constantly, until the sugar completely dissolves.
4. After that it's time to pour the dried berries into the basin and shake all the contents. It is recommended to cook over medium heat. After boiling, wait about 20 minutes and try your delicacy. To check if the dish is ready, experienced culinary experts recommend doing the following: tilt the spoon and observe. If the syrup is well retained, then the jam is ready. If not, try boiling a few more minutes and add sugar. In the already prepared jam of red currant to give a more refined taste, if desired, you can add vanillin.
5. Banks intended for storage of delicacies, must be sterilized and dried. And only after that it is permissible to disintegrate the jam and clog them with lids.
Here, perhaps, that's all. That's how my favorite dish is prepared.
And you, dear readers, would like to wish you a pleasant appetite!