Fiberglass plastic refers to the kind of composite materials. Its main component is a filler in the form of a glass, quartz or other fiber. Another component of this material is thermoplastic or thermosetting polymers that act as a binder.
The main performance indicators of the material, which in many ways predetermined its popularity, are:
- Biostability. He is not afraid of rodents and any microorganisms.
- Himaustoychivost. This material can be used in aggressive environments.
- Weather resistance. Fiberglass is not afraid of wind, snow, rain. He perfectly tolerates the effects of ultraviolet rays.
- Operating temperature. Fiberglass plastic roll works well at temperatures from -40 to +60 degrees Celsius.
- Good strength. When bending, no cracks appear on the material.
- Ease of installation. The material is easily cut and fastened. When you use it, you do not need to use any special tools or tools.
- Long service life.
- Poor combustibility.
- Low price for fiberglass roll.
Technical characteristics of the material
In the composition of this roll material, the mass fraction of volatile substances does not exceed 3%, and the impregnating agent can be from 45 to 200 grams per square meter. Its water absorption for a day by mass does not exceed 3%. Fiberglass plastic refers to non-combustible materials with a small smoke-forming capacity.
РСТ-ХХХ-П (Ш) , where РСТ - rolled fiberglass heat-insulating; XXX is a numerical value that corresponds to the nominal mass per unit area; П is the letter value describing the impregnating composition used (Ф-bakelite varnish, Л-latex); W is the width of the web.
The execution of installation work with this material does not have any difficulties and difficulties. It is easy to cut and stack. The only thing that should be paid close attention is the fastening. The rolled fiberglass plastic must be overlapped with an allowance of 15%. And fixing should be done by fixing tapes. Metal wire is not recommended, as it can damage the coating.
Cost of material
On fiberglass, the roll price depends on several parameters. This is the used impregnation and the nominal weight of the product. So, the cost of the PCT-250-l per square meter is about 30 rubles. The PCT-415-l will cost 35 rubles, and the PCT-250-f will cost 30 rubles each.