An electric toothbrush with charging was created in 1939 in Switzerland. The invention at that time was not as popular as it is now. The production of such instruments was put on stream only in 1960. At the moment there are three kinds of such brushes. The main difference is in applying a variety of principles for cleaning tooth enamel from plaque and food residues. The main source of power for such devices is either a battery or a battery.
Mechanical electric brush
A mechanical toothbrush with a charge is equipped with a head covered with bristles. When you turn it on, it starts spinning. In this case, the head can perform only a few types of motion: pulsating and circular.
In this case, much depends on the model. Some dental electric brushes are equipped with heads that can perform from five to 30 thousand motions of a diverse type in just 1 minute. At the same time, the mechanical devices clean the enamel from the plaque well.
Sound electric brush
Such a device works with the use of sound technology. In the case of such a brush, a generator is built in, capable of producing special waves. They also allow you to thoroughly clean the enamel and remove the plaque. Within a minute, the bristles can perform about 18 thousand movements. The cleaning is carried out under the influence of:
- Sweeping sediments mechanically;
- A sound vibration that weakens the attachment of the plaque to the teeth.
The ultrasonic toothbrush with charging is also equipped with a special generator. The principle of its operation differs from the above. In this case, microorganisms that accumulate on the surface of the tooth enamel are destroyed by ultrasound. Such adaptation:
- Cleans the surface of the teeth from plaque;
- Produces a complete removal of soft deposits, and in just a few minutes;
- Can be used not only by adults, but also by children;
- Allows you to prevent certain dental diseases.
How to choose
If you need an electric toothbrush on charging, then when buying it is worth paying attention to some of the nuances. It should be noted that the main part in such devices is the head. It is she who purifies the tooth enamel. There are several types of heads:
- With movable bristles;
In addition, there are other features. Charging for a toothbrush Oral-b, Philips, Braun is of particular importance. In some models, the power source is a battery or a battery. Periodically, you need to charge it or change it. For convenience, it is better to buy models equipped with a battery. Such brushes are more effective and powerful.
Head movement and modes
This is another indicator, which is worth paying attention to. This part of the electric brush can move in different ways. For example:
- in inexpensive models it moves only in one direction;
- in models of higher price category, the head moves in several directions (this technology is called 2D).
The best variety of toothbrushes is the one where the head performs reciprocating movements in combination with pulsating (3D technology).
In addition to the classic cleaning, electric brushes can also perform other functions: polishing, massage, etc.
In some models, you can change the nozzles. Among the standard are the following:
- For daily cleaning;
- For sensitive teeth;
- For whitening cleansing.
Such a set is included in the budget models. More expensive toothbrushes are equipped with additional nozzles for double cleaning, nozzle "floss-asset". In addition, some models provide security control when the device controls the force of pressing on soft tissues. This protects against the erasure of enamel. A timer is installed on these brushes. It indicates the force of pressing and, if necessary, stops the movement of the head.
Who should refuse such devices?
Charging the electric toothbrush Oral-b, Philips, Braun is fast enough. Use of such devices is a pleasure. In addition, the result is obvious. However, in some cases, such brushes are prohibited:
- Increased abrasion of tooth enamel. It appears almost immediately. There is a decrease in the height of the crowns. If the tooth has become smaller by ¼ of its entire length, then this is not particularly noticeable. But if the enamel is erased more strongly, then the appearance of the dentition and the smile is spoiled. In addition, the functionality of the tissues is reduced.
- Wedge-shaped defect.
- Inflammatory diseases affecting the gum. In this case, the use of an electric brush can only exacerbate the condition of the tissues.
- White spots on the enamel. This is a clear sign of insufficient mineralization of tissues. White spots also indicate the beginning of the carious process. Such areas of teeth are usually quickly destroyed and do not tolerate the effect of the toothbrush.
How to use
Charging for the toothbrush Philips Sonicare, Oral-b, Braun is included with the unit. The device must always be ready for use. Therefore, the battery is recommended to be constantly charged. By the way, experts recommend using brushes with round heads. This allows you not to put much effort into the cleaning process. The head will do everything itself. To maintain the beauty and health of teeth, it is worth following the following recommendations:
- Do not imitate the movements that occur when brushing your teeth with a mechanical brush.
- It is recommended to conduct the procedure slowly.
- To begin with, it is necessary to clean the front teeth of one jaw from the plaque, and then go to the rear.
- When one jaw is cleared, it is necessary to pass to the second.
- Apply the brush so that the bristles cover the tooth completely. Hold it in this position for a few seconds.
As testimonials of dentists show, such devices with proper care allow avoiding the development of many diseases.
Toothbrush Oral-B Triumph Professional Care
This device is a safe and reliable system for daily cleaning of the oral cavity. The kit includes special tips for whitening and polishing. In addition, it is possible to program a specific cleaning mode. In this unique nozzle provides an effective and gentle removal of plaque. Reviews about this model are only positive.
The charging time of the Oral-B Triumph Professional Care toothbrush is 12 hours. Then the device will work more than 14 days with regular application. At the same time the device provides Smart technology. This interactive unique device, equipped with feedback to improve cleaning. Such a system allows to exclude switching between modes depending on the type of nozzles. Everything is done automatically.
Toothbrush Oral-B Triumph Professional Care performs within a minute up to 40 thousand movements, loosening the existing deposits. This is not the end of the cleaning process. Then the nozzle performs reciprocating movements aimed at removing the plaque. The speed is reduced. The head performs up to 8,800 movements within a minute.
Brush for the whole family Oral-B Professional Care 3000
This unit is designed for daily use. It can be used not only for adults but also for children. The brush performs many functions:
- Strengthening the gums;
- Removal of plaque;
- Prevention of a certain number of dental diseases;
- Care for sensitive tissues of the mouth.
As consumers' reviews show, such a toothbrush with charging has many advantages. Among the advantages of this model is:
- Removal of 97% of the plaque. A conventional brush removes half the deposits.
- It polishes the tooth enamel well, eliminating spots that appear due to tobacco, coffee or tea.
- Strengthens the gums.
- It cleans deposits even from hard-to-reach places.
- The sensor controls the force of pressing the bristles on the teeth. If excessive exposure, the head movement stops. This prevents damage to the enamel.
- The model is equipped with a timer, informing you that you can move to the next section.
- There are several modes of operation: polishing, thorough cleaning, gentle soft cleaning of sensitive fabrics.
- Braun Oral-B Professional Care 3000 is supplied with the nozzles.
How much does such a device cost
If the kit does not charge the toothbrush "Brown", Philips, then the cost of such a device is 200-600 rubles. Similar models work on batteries. If the device is equipped with a battery, then its price significantly increases. It costs from 1,1 to 8,5 thousand rubles.
In addition, the price of an electric toothbrush largely depends on the equipment. If the device provides several cleaning modes and has additional attachments, the cost increases. In addition, the company that produces such brushes is of particular importance. The devices Braun, Oral-B, Panasonic, Waterpik and Philips are very popular. Reviews show that these are the leading brands. Their products have always been of high quality and reliability. If you want to purchase an electric toothbrush, you should pay attention to the models of the above brands.