Loss of elasticity of the walls of the subcutaneous veins, which leads to the formation of nodes in their different sites, is varicose veins. How to treat this disease at home and can it be avoided? This issue is relevant for 40% of the population. This ailment is accompanied by a violation of the blood flow and the work of the valves and leads to the formation of blood clots.
Causes of varicose veins
In our time, there are many theories associated with why there is varicose veins. The main of them are:
- Hormonal changes: have a strong effect on the vascular system;
- Obesity: the load on the lower limbs increases, which leads to the development of this disease;
- Pregnancy: there are hormonal changes, and the load on the entire body in general and especially on the legs;
I would also like to note that the way of life is also of great importance in the development of this disease. Stress and strain on the feet during the day, tight underwear, high heels, and, as a result, varicose veins, at home that is hard to heal.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The initial symptoms of varicose veins are the appearance of small sosuduses on the surface of the skin, pain and heaviness in the legs (which is most often manifested after sufficiently strong physical exertion), swelling of the lower extremities.
Treatment of varicose veins
If you already know what varicosity is, how to treat this illness at home, we will tell you. With varicose veins, it is recommended to wear special elastic bandages and underwear. Also in the fight against this disease can help and training, such as swimming, walking. But do not forget that exercise with a load on your legs is a taboo in this disease.
Varicosity: how to treat at home
If your illness is at an early stage and does not have the status of a chronic disease, you can do therapy yourself. Home treatment of varicose veins may take a little longer than surgical or medication, but it is more sparing for our body. So, the people's means:
- With varicose veins, infusion of nettles is often used. To do this, for 30 minutes, insist the leaves of this plant, filter and take three times a day for a third of the glass.
- In the fight against varicose veins, apple cider vinegar can help. It can be taken orally: a glass of water takes 2 teaspoons of the substance, stirs well and drinks. You can consume 2-3 cups of this mixture at a time. You can also use this vinegar to wipe the problem areas of the skin.
- Fresh potatoes - this is another helper in the fight against such a disease as varicose veins. How to treat this disease with the help of tubers at home? It's very simple: potatoes should be grated. Making it a gruel, we place this mixture in gauze and apply it to problem areas, it is very effective for ulcers caused by varicose veins.
- When thrombophlebitis use a tincture of white acacia flowers , it helps to lubricate problematic areas.
- The leaves of the Kalanchoe will also come to our aid. Apply most often tincture from this plant. For its preparation, a 0.5 liter bottle is taken, filled with cut Kalanchoe leaves and filled with alcohol. Infuse the mixture for a week at a place where direct sunlight does not penetrate, after which the liquid is filtered. It is ready for use. Most often, it is used when rubbing the lower extremities.
- The white cabbage leaf, which is discarded, is also a good helper in the fight against varicose veins. Lubricate one side of it with vegetable oil, apply to the affected area and fix, for example, with a bandage, we go with such a compress day.
- Antonov's apples are another tool in the fight against varicose veins. We take 3 apples. We cut them and put them in a saucepan. Fill with 1 liter. Boiling water, close the lid and leave to infuse for 4 hours under the blanket. Then, without taking the apples out of the pan, we knead them, turning them into gruel. We strain the resulting mixture through gauze and take this infusion together with honey (for 50 ml a teaspoon of honey) in the morning or before going to bed.
- Ground crust of hazel: a tablespoon of raw material is poured into 500 ml. Boiling water and cooked 10 minutes on fire, then filtered.
- Green walnuts (immature) are placed in a jar, poured with olive oil and insist 40 days in the sun. With the prepared mixture, we lubricate the sore spots.
- Spirituous tincture from the herb rue, which is infused for 10 days in a dark place, is taken 10 drops, diluted in a liquid, three times a day.
- In the fight against varicose veins, a tomato will also help: cut into lobules and apply to affected areas, keep it to wilt, then change the slices.
- Fill the half-liter bottle with birch buds (3/4 of the capacity) and fill it with vodka. Lubricate this tincture of the place where there is pain.
Diet with varicose veins
It is impossible not to mention that an effective tool in the fight against varicose veins is a diet. Very useful for such a disease is its fruit variants or on the basis of juices lasting 7-8 days. Also do not forget to exclude from your diet alcoholic beverages, coffee, strong tea and starch.
Therapeutic baths for varicose veins
With varicose veins, therapeutic baths with the use of decoctions from medicinal plants such as chamomile, oak bark, string, etc. are very effective. Addition of sea salt and essential oils to water is not out of place.
Therapeutic exercises with varicose veins
With varicose veins, light physical exercises are not superfluous, but do not forget that heavy loads on the lower limbs with such a disease are inappropriate.