In modern society, one of the main directions in the system of personnel management is the preparation and organization of personnel reserves. This direction is very important in the organization. Personnel reserves are a key link and an important component in any personnel activity. At present, it is very important to carry out appropriate work to improve and ensure the reliability of the enterprise. What is this concept, what is its role in the organization, goals, principles and types, what is the management of the personnel reserve?
The essence of the concept
Personnel reserves - is the formation of a certain number of employees who have passed the preparatory selection (evaluation) and have the required capacity to perform direct duties at a new place of work in a timely manner. Such a measure is mainly used in commercial structures, and numerous state, socio-political and social institutions also create it to solve their own problems with personnel.
In other words, personnel reserves are certain potential employees of the company planned to be transferred to the required positions.
Such a stock of candidates has a conditional structure. The personnel reserve (professional stock) has the ability to be both internal and external. As for the internal reserve, it consists of employees of the company and is divided into operational and prospective. Operational is employees who already replace higher managers and are ready to occupy certain positions outside of any additional training events. Perspective are workers with great potential, but who need additional training measures. The formation of an external reserve has the ability to occur on the basis of the definition of the managerial level, that is, for the vacant seats, the enterprise will reasonably attract external applicants. Apart from this, the external reserve has the opportunity to be organized coercively, if the enterprise for any factors high indicator of the inconstancy of employees.
The formation of the personnel reserve helps to disclose the potential of the staff, and can also help in case of urgent need when closing the personnel "gaps". What specific professional stock will be organized - external, internal or both at once - is decided by the head of the company.
The formation of the personnel reserve has the following objectives:
- Prevention of the likelihood of a crisis situation in cases of care of employees occupying the primary positions.
- Supplying the company with a stock of highly professional and efficient employees ready to improve their business in accordance with the established strategy and culture.
- Retention and motivation of professional leaders-managers.
- Supporting the positive reputation of the employer.
- Lowering the costs of selection and adaptation of a new employee.
Thus, the personnel reserve of the organization is of great importance both in the formation and in the further development of any entity. Human resources are the development and prospects of the whole enterprise.
Program of work
Formation of the personnel reserve as a system of purposeful actions traditionally covers the following stages:
- The definition of positions in the risk zone is accomplished through specific activities, for example: review of the labor market in the district; Estimation of the number of applicants for the occupation of vacated posts; Parsing the value of this position for the company; Assessment of the ongoing situation with the staff at the site.
- Formation of the profile of the post - establishes the level of development of competencies of the candidate, so that he successfully copes with the tasks set before him. Traditionally, an interview is conducted with the leaders-reservists, and after the analysis of the data, a special profile is issued, which must be matched with a candidate for a vacancy.
- Evaluation and further selection of applicants - are conducted with the application of some characteristics of employee productivity. In the majority of cases, the data obtained by means of evaluation activities for the activity produced and information selected by evaluating the potential, knowledge and other criteria that the candidate has for the present time are compared.
- Organization of personal development plans - is conducted taking into account the existing needs and strategy of the company. This measure can help the reservist to allocate short-term resources and comprehend how to achieve the set goal. The training course is planned so that, participating in a variety of seminars, carrying out complex projects, probation, an employee enlisted in the personnel reserve, was able to develop specifically the knowledge and skills that are necessary when moving to a new post.
- Assignment to a new location.
Work with the personnel reserve can also be carried out on special models that are developed by the enterprise itself or borrowed from more successful variants of formation.
Technology of work
There are a number of sources of information:
- Interviews at admission to the service, which provides the basic concept of the personnel reserve, the fundamentals and likely ways of career development;
- Information sheet of the company, in which it is informed about vacant positions, requirements to applicants, about the time for which the contest was appointed to the personnel reserve;
- Personal counseling;
- In all divisions there is a provision on the personnel reserve, available to all employees.
As for the Regulation, it should be explained in some detail, since it is this important document that regulates the main directions of all activities.
The document pursues and achieves the goals, which are the competent placement and upbringing, the training of personnel in the event of the replacement of posts at various levels in municipal and other authorities. For this purpose, the program provides for a systemic increase in the professional level of candidates for positions.
This act traditionally consists of the following sections:
- General provisions, where the regulated issues are indicated in the Regulations, the main installations of work with the stock of employees are predetermined. They also explain the main tasks of the system of work with the stock of employees, and in particular:
- what is the reserve of employees;
- the essence of the system of work with the reserve staff;
- what issues are resolved by the fact of the reserve of workers;
- what is needed for the design of the personnel reserve;
- What are the sources of organization of the reserve of employees.
- The order of education. This section establishes, as well as on the basis of which approach is created the reserve of employees in the organization.
- Organization of direct activities.
The main tasks are:
- Calculation of staff reserve.
- Designation of applicants.
- Evaluation of applicants.
- The analysis of the results of the assessment of applicants in the reserve.
- Organization of staff reserve and establishment of the list by the company's superiors.
- Creation and implementation of programs for reserve preparations.
- Evaluation of employees: characteristics, reports on the implementation of assignments, expert pricing; Analysis of evaluation results. Results: negative evaluation - disconnection from the reserve, additional preparedness is required - personal preparation planning, positive - determination of the decision to be promoted to a higher post.
In addition to the main points, the Regulations can be supplemented with applications consisting of the standards of documents needed to compile the personal file of the employee, lists of direct duties of the trainee and manager of the internship, and other necessary additions.
In the formation of the reserve, the following criteria are provided:
- Work experience by profession.
- A professional characteristic of a particular boss, which includes an evaluation of the results of the activity, the quality of the service, the level of skill and competence of the employee, outlines his actions at critical moments.
- The recommendations of co-workers, which characterize the person's communication data, the degree of authority among employees.
- Carrying out various psychological tests with the goals of establishing possible abilities: organizational predispositions, neuropsychic and emotional stamina, data to leadership, hidden probable potentials, stress resistance and others. The results of such studies directly affect the definition of the applicant's personal and professional qualities in a direct way.
When selecting personnel, the preference is given to the most important groups of professionals. These groups represent employees of various qualifications from the managerial staff to ordinary employees. To establish the range of required reserve workers, there are a lot of different methods.
The organization and development of the personnel reserve is based on the following provisions:
- Relevance - the need to fill posts must be valid;
- The suitability of the candidate for the position and the type of reserve - the qualification requirements in the specific position;
- Highly prospective candidate - requirements for highly professional development, compliance with the education of the proposed position, age criteria, work experience in the industry of interest, career dynamics in a single, state of health.
In terms of merit, the benefits of working with the personnel reserve are obvious. Carrying out such events will always be necessary, and each organization must take this direction into account when forming its own management strategies.
Here are just some of the positive aspects of this direction:
- Financial benefit (no need to spend money on the selection and training of new specialists);
- Saving time (closing posts in the shortest possible time);
- Highly qualified staff (the employee is taken from his own ranks and taught by his own retraining program);
- Assistance and promotion of their own personnel - the policy of the value of employees (also acts as a motivational factor: employees do not want to leave the company, where clear opportunities for career growth are visible);
- More flexible adaptation in the team (the employee does not change, but only his position in the service);
- The specialist is practically "sharpened" for the company, understands the policy and characteristic features of the relationship and adapts to the new position more quickly;
- Perspectives of stability and competitiveness of any enterprise;
- Increase productivity and effectiveness.
MKR (Youth Resource Reserve) is a functional system for the formation of young people's knowledge, practices and experience that are in demand in the labor market. To accumulate intellectual and practical skills, students of universities are given the opportunity to acquire knowledge and necessary skills by participating in trainings, master classes and other events. In particular, to accumulate practical experience during the internship in government agencies. Authorities, banks, other important state and non-state structures.
Those who showed ordinary abilities are enlisted in the personnel reserve created, for example, under the government of Moscow. Youth personnel reserve as a direction is very relevant and, of course, promising for both young professionals and employers. The opportunity to practice and receive all the necessary knowledge during the periods of the internship allows you to get workable and high-quality specialists in a short time.
Concept of the state reserve
The state personnel reserve is targeted training of a group of young promising people who are under full patronage of the Administration and the President of the Russian Federation himself.
This direction is no less promising and also allows achieving effective results by forming a professional team of candidates. The list of necessary qualities and skills is determined individually and always depends on the vacancy and legislation.
Features of the reserve in the civil service
The personnel reserve in the civil service is formed on the basis of the profile Federal Law, which was adopted in July 2007 under No. 79-FZ. This happens on the basis of democratic principles of appointment, people's posts on their practical and business qualities, merits in this or that leadership position.
In this case, the main thing is the timely rotation of personnel, the creation of conditions for the professional growth of management personnel, an impartial evaluation of official work, which is deduced during the certification tests or the passing of specialized examinations.
The municipal personnel reserve in the ideal interpretation is a list of individuals who meet the criteria set by them on an intellectual, professional and practical level that allows them to effectively fulfill their responsibilities in the future. It also includes professionals who lost their jobs with staff cuts or complete liquidation of the self-governing body. They have gained experience, and no one will lose valuable specialists.
- Appointment of qualified professionals to the posts taking into account their professional merits and competence;
- Promotion of promotion through the career ladder;
- Work to improve qualifications;
- Creation of a professional reserve and its effective implementation;
- Evaluation of the results of municipal employees through attestation;
- Use of advanced technologies when selecting employees upon admission.
The creation of such a stock of personnel pursues the goal of rational placement of personnel in vacant positions in the mayoralties, the constant rotation of talented people in the personnel register.
Features of the government reserve
No less significant direction. Government Reserve Are highly qualified specialists, creative, with a motivated civic stand and other positive characteristics. All of them can work in the state administration in the regions in various positions or directly in the Government, occupying the posts of department heads, sectors and so on. If an official, for example, working on the periphery in the rank of the governor of the region, showed extraordinary abilities to implement social and economic projects, then, of course, he will be seen in government circles. His candidacy is most likely to be added to the personnel reserve and, if necessary and released, the appropriate place will be appointed to a higher position.
Summing up, it's safe to say that personnel reserves are the most powerful and highly effective tool in the whole personnel management system, which allows to solve problems on the widest scale and to implement the policy at the proper level.