Since the arrival of Christianity in the territory of Russia has passed many centuries. But, as before, newborns are baptized in our country and give them the names of Orthodox saints, who become their invisible guardian angels. What name the child will wear, tells the church calendar.
How to choose the right name for the Holy Gifts
When there is an Orthodox church calendar at hand, it will not be difficult to find a suitable name for the boy or girl. It is better to choose the sonorous names of the most important saints. Here, for example, interesting names for babies: Ignatius, Arseniy, Makarii, Vasilisa, Claudia, Fedor, Sawa, Ananias and many others.
Also on the calendar are many such common names as Anna, Anastasia, Maria, Michael, Peter, Paul and others. However, today we will talk about Andrei.
This name appeared due to the great apostle Andrew the First-Called. During the year, Andrew's name-day can be very often, so this is an excellent name for a boy born at any time of the year.
When to celebrate the name day?
Today in the church calendar there are many saints with the same names. However, let us return to the topic of our conversation. As it was mentioned before, Andrew's name-day can be visited almost every month. Do not celebrate them as often as modern people do by ignorance. The true day of the angel is celebrated once a year, choosing the date closest to the person's birthday. Only that saint Andrew, whose name day is close to the birth of a child, is his patron, the other saints are not associated with him.
At present, the tradition of celebrating the name day is gradually reviving. More and more parents choose the nickname for the child according to the Orthodox calendar. The name Andrei is one of the most common in our country.
Andrew: the day of the angel
Name days he marks in the following numbers of the year:
- July 17 and December 23, Prince Andrew Bogolyubsky, took care of the deprived and sick, built the Bogolyubsky Monastery near the city of Vladimir;
- September 23, Prince Andrew of Vologda;
- October 3, the Great Martyr Andrew of Ephesus;
- October 15, the foolish Andrew of Constantinople;
- July 17, Archbishop Andrew of Crete;
- October 30, the martyr Andrei of Crete;
- On May 31, the martyr Andrei Lampsaksky;
- April 28, Georgian martyr Andrei of Mesukevi;
- On December 15, the Monk Andrew of Egypt;
- July 13, brother of the Apostle Peter, Andrew the First-Called;
- July 17, the icon painter Andrei Rublev;
- October 6, martyr Andrei Syracuse;
- June 5 and November 9, Prince Andrey Pereslavsky, Smolensky;
- On September 1, the martyr Andrei Stratilat of Tavria died for the Christian faith along with two thousand soldiers in 302;
- October 23, the foolish Andrei Totsky;
- June 25 and December 13, Andrei Thebaidsky, and in the future the First-Called One is one of the first disciples of Jesus Christ, he is especially loved and revered in Russia since a long time.
Now it will be easier for you to understand. Every day Andrew's birthday is celebrated in accordance with this calendar.
History of origin of the name
Everyone knows the Andrew's cross - the one on which the beloved apostle of Christ was crucified. Now they depict him on flags, orders and medals. The Russian fleet found this symbol of the saint from the time of Peter the Great.
In Russia this name spread in the eleventh century. Since then, many martyr princes with such a nickname were canonized and enlarged the church calendar.
In our time, Andrei's name day celebrates many times according to the Orthodox calendar.
Strong power engineering
Andrew - calm and soberly looking at the world man, but his behavior is not so. Such a joker and joker must still be looked for, that's why he is rarely taken seriously. The optimism and fun of Andrew quickly charge others with positive energy and good mood. However, do not offend the owner of this name, he will not forget this.
Characteristics of Andrei's character
Unpredictability is another striking feature. He can make an unexpectedly pleasant surprise, and can bring to tears because of a trifle. At work, he is appreciated and listened to.
If Andrew's name-day in winter, he has the ability to art, the autumn name holders have a predisposition to exact sciences. Good businessmen come from them.
Choosing a child's name, everyone decides how to do it. If desired, the Orthodox church calendar will do a good job, then Andrei will celebrate his angel day knowing that he reveres the saint who became his patron for life.