Lorista N is included in the group of antihypertensive drugs. The active ingredient in the drug is hydrochlorothiazide and potassium losartan. Lorist's N tablets are covered with a yellow (yellow-greenish) color film shell. They have the form of an oval, slightly biconcave, on one side there is a risk.
Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, magnesium stearate and lactose monohydrate. The tablet shell consists of a combination of substances: macrogol 4000, talc, hypermellose, titanium dioxide (E171), quinoline yellow dye (E 104).
Lorista N is used for the treatment of hypertension to people who are prescribed combined therapy. The drug is effective in reducing the likelihood of cardiovascular morbidity and death in hypertrophy of the left ventricle.
Lorista N. Instruction
The medication is taken orally, regardless of food. Lorista H can be used in combination with other antihypertensive drugs.
As an initial and maintenance dose, one tablet is recommended once a day. The greatest antihypertensive effect can be expected within three weeks of treatment. In order to achieve a more pronounced result, the dosage can be increased to the maximum (two tablets per day).
In the case of a reduced BCC, for example, when using diuretics, therapy with Lorist H is recommended to begin after their withdrawal. This is due to the initial dose of losartan with hypovolemia, 25 mg / day.
For elderly patients, as well as for patients with moderate renal insufficiency, including those on dialysis, correction of the initial amount of the drug is not required.
Side effects include:
- Headache, fatigue, dizziness (non-systemic and systemic), insomnia;
- Tachycardia, palpitations, dose-dependent hypotension (orthostatic);
- Occurrence in the upper respiratory tract of the respiratory tract infections, cough, mucosal edema in the nose, pharyngitis;
- Dyspepsia, diarrhea, hepatitis, abdominal pain, nausea, hepatic function disorder, increased activity of bilirubin and hepatic enzymes;
- Back pain, arthralgia, myalgia;
- Hyperkalaemia, increased urea and creatinine in the blood serum to a moderate extent, an increase in the concentration of hematocrit and hemoglobin;
- Allergic manifestations in the form of itching, angioedema, hives, anaphylactic reactions;
- Asthenia, pain in the sternum, peripheral edema, weakness.
The drug is not prescribed for anuria, expressed disorders of liver and kidney function, dehydration, hyperkalemia, hypokalemia refractory, lactase deficiency, arterial hypotension. The drug is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating children, children under eighteen years of age, persons who are hypersensitive to the components of the drug, as well as derivatives of sulfonamide. If pregnancy is established during therapy, the drug should be discarded.
Caution in admission should be shown in disorders of blood-water electrolyte balance, bilateral stenosis of the arteries (both or one kidney), diabetes, bronchial asthma, simultaneous use of NSAIDs, as well as in systemic blood diseases.
As a rule, patients do not have a violation of attention and concentration on the background of taking the medication. In some cases, the drug can provoke dizziness and arterial hypotension, affecting indirectly the psychophysical state of patients. In order to prevent negative consequences, patients should evaluate the body's response to therapy before starting an activity that requires increased attention.