It would seem, what relation can the word "fat" have to proper nutrition? Many people who want to lose weight and gain muscle mass, the thought of eating fat in food seems terrible. However, there are in nature those substances that are necessary for proper metabolism and the development of the correct muscle structure. This is fish oil. In bodybuilding, it, perhaps, is the most effective biologically active additive.
Let's look at the true benefits of fish oil and dispel the doubts of those who still do not trust this proven means.
Fish oil - what is it?
The drug received its name not accidentally - it is obtained from some species of fish, mainly cod, as well as from the subcutaneous fat of seals and whales. In the Soviet years, it was produced in the form of a liquid with a specific smell, which many in childhood so did not like. Now fish oil is sold in any pharmacy, and it looks more attractive: small transparent capsules that hide beautifully expressed unpleasant taste and smell, which have preserved the entire benefit of syrup from childhood.
It contains a lot of useful substances, such as:
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids of omega-3 and omega-6 class. The content of 1 g of fat is about 250-300 mg, depending on the specific preparation.
- Oleic acid.
- Vitamins A and D Vitamin A helps to form new muscle fibers, vitamin D increases the density of the structure of muscle tissue.
- Antioxidants that help fight aging.
The composition is typical for a liquid preparation. The same active substances contain fish oil in capsules. In bodybuilding, the most important component of the remedy is omega-3. It cleanses the body of harmful cholesterol and improves the activity of many organ systems. A person who is far from sports should consume about 2 g of omega-3-acids a day, and a sportsman - 3-4 grams for the proper functioning of all systems. Our body is not able to synthesize these unsaturated fatty acids, and it receives them only together with food.
Application of fish oil
Each element in the composition of fish oil is presented in a concentration that is easily digested and does not create a glut of the tissues. With proper application, there is a significant improvement in the body and significant improvements in the appearance of a person. This tool is necessary:
- For the prevention of cardiovascular diseases;
- At the first sign of vitamin deficiency;
- For the prevention of rickets;
- For the treatment of thrombosis;
- In the prevention of birth depressions;
- To strengthen the process of fat burning;
- To improve the overall structure of the skin, hair and nails;
- For the active production of serotonin - the hormone of happiness;
- To accelerate the suppression of inflammatory processes in the body.
From the omega-3-acids in the body are formed active substances - eicosanoids. They play the role of hormones acting on the cellular metabolism. In particular, eicosanoids normalize the work of leukocytes and platelets, ensure normal constriction and vasodilation, affect inflammatory processes, relieve spasms in bronchitis and uterine contractions.
Do fish oils need athletes?
Fish oil in bodybuilding plays a big role. The main element in its composition is for the athlete polyunsaturated fatty acids. They are easily oxidized, producing a large amount of energy and increasing the endurance of the body. The released energy provides an economical expenditure of proteins as a building material for the musculature.
When using fish oil in athletes there is a significant increase in muscle mass, increased endurance. The first result from the use of the drug will be visible after one and a half months of regular admission. The number of muscle cells increases, their volume and strength increase.
Fish oil and bodybuilding
The use of biologically active additives for athletes is a mandatory item that helps to increase the endurance of the body and to establish the process of building muscles. The use of fish oil in bodybuilding is not exaggerated: it is recommended to use it to all athletes, especially those whose activities are aimed at building a beautiful body and increasing muscle mass.
The impact on important processes in the body is what the fish oil is responsible for. The benefits for men in bodybuilding who want to build muscle are as follows:
- The body better absorbs nutrients from food. As a result, protein synthesis is improved, which, in fact, provides for the growth of muscle mass.
- Reduces blood pressure, which makes the athlete more hardy. This is a particularly important factor for those who suffer from increased blood pressure.
- Stabilized metabolic processes, accelerated metabolism, increases insulin sensitivity. Thanks to this, the fat layer is actively burned (natural "drying" takes place).
- Fish oil in bodybuilding reduces the amount of the hormone cortisol, which destroys the muscles and increases the layer of subcutaneous fat.
The pharmacies sell fish oil packages with various additives, most often the preparation is enriched with vitamins A, E and D. Such a composition significantly increases the effectiveness of the drug.
Why do we need fish oil in bodybuilding, we figured out. No less important detail - contraindications. Even such, at first glance, ideal, the product can not be used by everyone. It is contraindicated:
- With diseases of the kidneys and gastrointestinal tract;
- Persons with thyroid dysfunction;
- With heart problems;
- Patients with tuberculosis;
- With hypercalcemia (high calcium content in the body).
Elderly people and pregnant women can take fish oil, but with caution and only on the advice of a doctor.
How to take and store?
Any additive benefits only with the right reception - the same principles work and fish oil in bodybuilding. How to take it? The optimal scheme - course therapy.
The supplement is taken for a minimum of 30 days, and it is recommended that 2-3 courses be taken per year. Pharmaceutical fish oil in bodybuilding is taken during or after meals 2-3 times a day.
Drink 1-2 capsules, not liquid and squeezed with water. One capsule contains 500 mg of fish oil. Athletes in the period of intense workload should eat up to 6 g of this substance, the daily dose can be divided into 2-3 admission. Keep the packaging better in the refrigerator.
With prolonged non-course treatment, an overdose of the drug may occur. Possible hypervitaminosis, in particular, the accumulation in the body of vitamin A. A similar state is expressed:
- The appearance of itching;
- Loss of hair;
- Constant headaches;
- The appearance of a rash on the skin;
- Pain in the joints.
Be attentive to the instructions on the packaging of the drug and remember how to properly use fish oil in bodybuilding (how much to take you will tell your doctor or nutritionist). At the appearance of the slightest suspicion of an overdose, it is necessary to stop urgently.
Previously, so valuable today, fish oil in bodybuilding received from the liver of marine fish, mostly cod. However, studies have shown that this product contains heavy metals, mercury and other toxins. Of course, in a small amount, but the body tends to accumulate harmful substances. Therefore now the most qualitative fish oil, obtained from the soft tissues of fish adjacent to the muscles, is considered.
The use of fish oil does not eliminate the body's need for other components contained in fish meat. Studies have shown that useful substances are better absorbed when adding marine fish to the diet (use it at least 2 times a week). To preserve the value of the prepared dish, it is recommended to bake the fish in the oven.