Currant Titania has won the hearts of gardeners with its taste, so we decided to tell more about this cultivar. If you pay attention to the vegetable gardens of modern people, it is rarely possible to find a site where the currant would not grow. These berries have so many positive qualities that everyone wants to grow them in their garden. Currant Titania, whose reviews are exceptionally positive, is one of the most popular varieties.
After the ripening of the crop, it is possible to observe an uneven distribution of the berries over the surface of the bush. As for the amount, on average, you can collect up to five kilograms from one bush. The bush itself is quite high and can reach one and a half meters in height.
The variety of currant Titania is recommended to plant around the perimeter of the garden. You can do it both in the autumn and in the spring. Given the size of the bushes, you need to leave between them about two meters of free space, so that in the future the currant could develop peacefully. It is allowed to plant a currant in the form of a chessboard, since this makes it possible to easily harvest. But this option is appropriate in the event that you are going to plant large areas of this berry. Before planting a plant, you need to worry about preparing the soil:
- Remove all weeds and their roots from the place you chose for planting;
- Dig up the soil and add fertilizers there, so that the plant has enough strength for growth;
- Dig a hole half a meter in diameter, and place on the bottom a mixture of ash and leaves;
- We take a seedling and, after bending it slightly, put it in the soil for five centimeters in depth, and then dig in; It is better if the top of the bush is directed toward the south or south-east;
- Be sure to pour the bush after planting, even if the soil is wet;
- Carefully select seedlings, make sure that they are strong and fresh, and also had several shoots;
- After planting it is necessary to cut the bush so that only three or four kidneys remain; This improves the growth of lateral branches.
Features of care
The shrub can grow in the same place for fifteen years. To do this, you just need to clean up the old branches regularly and periodically drip the shoots to increase the number of plants.
- Cuttings version.
- Reproduction by dropping shoots.
It is worth noting that experts prefer the first variant of reproduction, since the plant has a well-developed vegetative growth. When purchasing cuttings, do this only with trusted distributors. In the opposite case, you can get absolutely not the sort that you wanted to grow.
- "Runaway Galitsa," a sign of which is the drying of branches and the appearance of spots; It is recommended to remove all damaged branches, and treat the entire bush with a suitable preparation in accordance with the instructions;
- "Wall", causing complete death of the bush, as the larvae eat up the entire interior of the trunk; You need to treat the bush with the right tool, and then carefully monitor the plant, especially after fertilizing;
- "Mite spider", for the presence of which indicate spots of light color, as well as the acquisition of leaves of marble structure; You need to apply the recommended drugs, and then loosen the soil and remove the weeds, and remove all the affected leaves and burn them;
- "Fruit sawfly", the presence of which is evidenced by the uneven surface of the berries, since the sawfly larvae eat out all the flesh of the fruit from the inside; You need to remove and burn all the damaged parts of the bush, and process all the shrubs by means against this pest.
- Fresh option,
- Frozen form,
- A revised version (jam, compote, etc.).
As it becomes clear, currant is a favorite treat for adults and children not only because of taste, but also because of its resistance to bad weather and a rich annual harvest.