Tomato Citifander is a tropical plant. As the reviews show, this variety is considered exotic for our country. Homeland of this tomato tree is South America. However, the plant is distinguished by a stalk of an unusual form, pleasant to taste and rich with useful components of fruits. It has gained popularity among exotic fans not only in Russia, but also in European countries.
Tomato Citifander: Description of the Variety
At the moment there are several types of this variety, each of which has certain characteristics. The most common variety of tomatoes is Tsifomandra - this is Beetroot Cyphomander. This extraordinary plant belongs to the family of Solanaceae. As a rule, this variety of tomatoes is grown not only in greenhouses. An ever green tree can be planted in pots. In the summer it is recommended to plant the plant on the street, since it needs sunlight.
Reviews of vegetable growers indicate that the tomatoes of Tsifomandra are a useful treat, saturated with useful micro- and macro elements, as well as vitamins. Therefore, this variety of tomato is very popular among farms. In addition to taste, such tomatoes have a high level of yield with a long period of fruiting.
How does the plant look like a beetroot?
What is a tomato of Tsifomandra? Description of the plant should start with its trunk. This part of the tree develops quickly enough. Gradually formed lignified and branchy trunks. The leaves have an oval shape. In length, they can be about 20 centimeters. In this case, the edges of the leaves are even and without islets.
Judging by the numerous reviews, Tomato Tsifomandra fructifies well. Tomatoes taste like the usual varieties, which are often grown on the territory of our country. The fruits themselves have a round shape. On one brush can form up to 8 tomatoes. They are usually slightly elongated and small in size. As for the seeds, they are larger and flattened than the traditional varieties.
The second popular variety of this variety, based on customer feedback, is Tsifomandra dendritic. As it is already clear from the name, such a plant forms very unusual trunks. They resemble small trees. Foliage resembles small, slightly elongated hearts. Their length can be about 12 centimeters. As for the inflorescence, in the process of formation they are very similar to the inflorescence of potatoes.
The fruit of the cytofamander is arborescent and oval in shape and small in size. Ripened tomatoes acquire an orange tinge. It is worth noting that the fruits need to be collected on time. Overdone tomatoes do not last long on the branches of the plant and start to fall off quickly. The seeds themselves are small and somehow similar to the seeds of potatoes.
Features of the fruit of the cultivar Tsifomandra
Tomato Citifandry is very often confused with fruit. With free growth, such a plant can reach a height of two and a half meters. This is a complete tree. The fruit of this variety is sweet enough to taste. After all, they contain 2.3% of sugars. On average, the weight of one fetus is 200 grams. Such tomatoes are suitable not only for consumption in raw form, but also for pickling.
How does this plant multiply?
The tomatoes of Tsifomandra, the photos of which are presented above, multiply most often by seeds. However, there is another way - vegetative. It is carried out with the help of cuttings. For the propagation of plants in a similar way, the sequence should be observed:
- A young twig should be cut off from a fruitful, strong tree. There must be at least three kidneys on it.
- In a liter jar, it is worth pouring clean water and placing a twig in it. Regularly it is necessary to inspect the planting material for the appearance of characteristic swellings below. This will indicate the beginning of the formation of the root system.
- When there are swelling, the jar needs to be covered with polyethylene and placed in a place where there is heat and there are no sun rays.
- When the roots begin to form, it is necessary to transplant the stalk into the soil.
As noted in the reviews, such a plant multiplies not only by seeds and seedlings but also by cuttings. With the help of this method, you can get plants that look more like bushes.
How to Grow from Seeds
How does Zifomandra multiply? Tomato, reviews about which are positive, can be grown from seeds. This is the most reliable way. Especially if the planting material was purchased in a tested location. The very process of cultivation is carried out in several stages:
- Before planting, the seeds of the plant should be washed without fail in a weak solution of potassium permanganate and in water. After that, experts recommend drying the planting material at room temperature and only in the shade.
- To accelerate the germination process, seeds should be placed for 24 hours in a place where a sufficiently low temperature will be maintained. This is ideal for one of the shelves in the refrigerator.
- While the planting material is prepared, it is worth mixing the soil. A mixture of river sand and peat is ideally suited for this type of tomato. The soil should be light and airy.
- Seeds of tomato of Tsifomandra are sown in rows, between which a gap of not less than 60 centimeters should be maintained. It is also recommended to leave space between the planting material. In this case, the distance between the seeds should be at least 30 centimeters.
- Transplanting seedlings already in the open ground is at the end of May. Also, such tomatoes grow well in greenhouses.
Features of growing in pots
Cultivate this variety of tomatoes from seeds is not so difficult. The process does not differ from the technology of planting traditional varieties of tomatoes. However, there are some peculiarities of cultivation of the cultivar Tsifomandra in boxes and pots. Do not forget that the root system of such plants extends for the most part in different directions, and not in depth. Therefore, choose the pots should be correct. They should not be deep, but wide enough. Also, when growing this variety, it is recommended to use pallets. It is through them that the basic watering of plants is carried out.
Plant seeds of this variety on seedlings should be earlier than the seeds of traditional for our climate varieties. It is worth noting that with proper care the tomato Tsifomandra gives up to 20 kilograms of fruits with only 1 m 2 .
The tomato variety Tsifomandra, judging by the opinions of specialists, is almost unpretentious in the care. The main thing is to know all the rules and requirements of plants. Such a variety first of all needs a long enough light day. This is one of the main conditions. Therefore, experts recommend to provide plants with additional lighting in the dark.
Also do not forget about feeding. Apply fertilizer systematically. In this case, it is necessary to use top dressing, which contains phosphorus, as well as potassium. As for irrigation, it should be moderate. Judging by the reviews, tomatoes need periodic spraying. To do this, you can use a spray gun. If the leaves began to turn yellow, then they should be removed. Also it is necessary to carry out periodic pasynkovanie.
Diseases of Tomato Citifander
Many in their reviews recommend buying tomato Tsifomandra Siberian Garden. These seeds are more adapted to the climate of our country. Thanks to this, the plants will be less sick. It should be noted that the tomato variety itself is quite resistant to many common diseases, including fusariosis and verticillosis. Usually, problems arise because of insects. Such a variety is often attacked by thrips, spider mite, whitefly or aphid.
To prevent diseases, experts recommend that before planting, disinfect plants and soil. To do this, you can use special solutions that are sold in specialized stores. With regard to invasions of parasites, they can be handled with the help of industrial insecticides.