Home and family, Children
Red spots on the child's pride - what can it be and how to treat it?
Often, parents are faced with the situation, when on the silk ass of their newborn baby there are reddening and peeling. Roughly they run to the pharmacy and sometimes buy completely useless ointments and powders. In fact, red spots on the child's pope can appear for a variety of reasons. And not always ointments and creams are enough to treat redness. On how to deduce the red dry spots on the pope in the child, we will tell in our article. Here we will consider possible causes of hyperemia and indicate preventive measures to prevent such problems in the future.
Features of the skin of babies
The tender skin of a newborn has some peculiarities:
- It is hypersensitive and instantly reacts to any external or internal stimuli.
- Underdevelopment of the sweating system in newborns also affects the state of the baby's epidermis. The child's sweat glands are not able to give all the excess heat outward, which only strengthens the so-called "greenhouse effect" inside the diaper.
- The skin of a newborn is rich in lipids, which dissolve urine and feces well, thereby causing irritation and redness on the child's pride.
That is why the skin of the baby requires special care and careful attitude.
Red spots on the child's pope: external stimuli
The reasons for which the skin on the child's forehead may turn red can be divided into internal and external.
External causes that lead to allergies to the skin include:
- Contact dermatitis. Red spots on the child's priests appear with direct contact with the allergen. First of all, pay attention to diapers. Allergic reactions to the skin in the form of its redness can occur on the materials from which the diaper is made, on internal impregnation, on perfume. In addition, allergies can occur on washing powders, the composition of baby linen (synthetics), children's wet wipes and creams, that is, for such products that have direct contact with the baby's skin.
- Non-compliance with hygiene. Replacement diaper is too rare, resulting in urine and feces have time to eat the top layer of the skin.
- Mechanical damage to the skin can be caused by rubbing the diaper elastics or the seams of children's clothing.
- Overheat. Too warm air in the room and a large amount of clothes on the body of the child are the cause of active sweating, and as a result, irritations appear on the skin.
All these causes of redness on the pope are not related to the diet and the health of the child.
Internal factors causing spots
Internal causes that cause redness on the delicate skin of a child are known not less:
- Allergy to food. This is the most common cause of red rashes on the skin, while they are localized, usually on the buttocks and on the cheeks. So, the allergy to the pope in a child who is breastfed can be the result of a product eaten by the mother. It can be chocolate, citrus fruits, strawberries, tomatoes, honey, etc. In children who are introduced complementary foods, the cause of an allergy may be a reaction to a new product.
- Dysbacteriosis. It develops against a background of reduced immunity, the intake of antibiotics, unbalanced nutrition. It manifests itself in the form of a loose stool and irritations on the pope and in the groin.
- Candidiasis (thrush). This disease can be suspected with a simultaneous redness of the buttocks and inguinal area.
- Glistovye infestations. As a result of the vital activity of helminths in the child's body, irritation and redness can appear on the baby's skin.
If a red spot is found on the pope, parents should provide the baby with first aid and take emergency measures to get rid of them:
- First of all, possible mechanical stimuli are determined, it is checked whether the diaper is not tight, whether the rubber band is rubbed and whether the stitches on the clothes are pressed.
- Further it is found out what means of hygiene and household chemicals could cause irritation on the skin. Perhaps, the clothes were washed with another powder or diapers of a new brand were used.
- The use of diapers should be minimized, and the child needs to arrange air baths as often as possible.
- If the cause of food allergy is food, they should be excluded from the diet of the mother and child for at least 7 days.
- To make the analysis of a feces on a dysbacteriosis to exclude one more reason of occurrence of rashes.
How to treat red spots on the pope?
In addition to the above methods of eliminating irritations on the pope, the following treatment is recommended for the child:
- Baths with broths of medicinal herbs, and after bathing you can apply the simplest children's moisturizing cream without perfumes;
- Ingestion of antihistamines ("Fenistil", "Erius", etc.);
- Baby powder or starch for drying inflammations:
- Drying and healing creams and ointments (Bepanten, Sudocrem, etc.);
- When thrush is recommended treatment of the baby's mouth with a soda solution (1 tsp of soda per 1 glass of water);
- When confirming the dysbacteriosis shows the use of drugs containing beneficial bacteria.
In the event that the treatment was prescribed correctly, redness and inflammation on the priest will disappear a week or earlier.
When to see a doctor?
The following factors are the reason for immediate contact with a pediatrician:
- After a week of treatment, the amount of rashes on the baby's skin does not decrease. This means that no improvement in the course of therapy is observed.
- The child on the pope has a red rough spot that causes itching and increases in size.
- With accompanying symptoms (fever, abdominal pain, stool change, etc.).
The doctor-pediatrician necessarily will examine the patient and will give a direction on consultation to the children's dermatologist.
What does Dr. Komarovsky say about the red rash?
Did not ignore the problem of the appearance of rashes in children and the famous doctor Komarovsky EO. He devoted a whole TV program to the topic of interest to many parents.
According to Dr. Komarovsky, there are two main reasons for the appearance of a rash on the child's pope:
- Allergy to external or internal stimuli;
- The body's response to a viral infection.
In the case of an infection, the patient is simultaneously prescribed antiviral and antihistamines aimed at suppressing the allergic reaction in the body.
Dr. Komarovsky in the fight against allergies recommends the following rules:
- Limit skin contact with external allergens;
- Exclude the ingress of allergens into the body;
- Provide the conditions for reducing child's sweating;
- Maintain an optimum air temperature of 18-22 degrees in the room and a humidity of 60%;
- Provide the child with an abundant drink.
Compliance with these recommendations will reduce the manifestations of allergies or completely exclude them.
Bathing and redness on the child's pride: how not to harm
Since the treatment of red spots on the baby's toe is usually reduced to drying the affected area of the skin, many parents begin to doubt the advisability of bathing the baby until the wound is fully healed. In fact, the key to a quick recovery is first of all compliance with all hygiene procedures.
For bathing the baby in this case is ideal bath with a decoction of chamomile. To do this, pharmacy chamomile (2 tablespoons) is brewed in a glass of water, insisted for two hours, filtered and added to the bathing water for the baby. The plant well dries and disinfects the irritated skin, promoting its healing. A similar effect has infusions of the turn, calendula and celandine. To soften the skin after bathing, you can use a children's moisturizer without fragrances. Water procedures on herbs should be done 2 times a day for 10 minutes.
The following preventive measures are mandatory for all parents. And it does not depend on whether there is an allergy to the child's pride or not.
Prevention is as follows:
- Change the diaper should be done every 3-4 hours, washing the child - at least three times a day: in the morning, in the evening and after the stool.
- The choice of a diaper should be given special attention, it is not recommended to use personal hygiene products with a flavored inner layer and odors.
- Clothing and baby bedding should only be washed with special powders, while bathing it is necessary to use only detergents and shampoos intended for children.
- Daily air baths must be carried out after each diaper change. To do this, it is enough to give the baby's skin "breathe" for 10-15 minutes.
- Do not overheat the baby, you need to dress it for the weather.
- It is recommended to purchase a room thermometer and an air humidifier.
- To buy for the kid only clothes from natural materials.
- Exclude from the diet products that cause allergic reactions (chocolate, citrus fruits, etc.). Lure feed gradually, in small doses, constantly watching the reaction of crumbs to a new product.
Preventative measures will reduce the likelihood of allergic reactions on the pope to a minimum or completely avoid them.
Sometimes, the causes of redness on the skin may be several, and they have to be identified too long. The task of parents is to gain patience and gradually, step by step, to eliminate possible allergens. If successful, after a week the baby's ass will again become soft and tender. Also, do not forget about the need to prevent redness and irritation on the skin.