What is the "Catadolon" preparation? Analogues, price and instructions for the use of this drug will be presented in the materials of this article. From it you will find out about what this means is intended for, whether it has contraindications and side effects, in what form it is issued, which contains in its composition and so on.
Packaging, form of production, composition
The drug "Catadolon" goes on sale in two different forms. Their description, composition and packaging we will consider right now.
- The "Catadolon Forte" medication is a biconvex yellow oval tablet (on the one side a strip) containing various inclusions. The preparation contains an active ingredient such as flupirtine maleate, as well as other auxiliaries. Tablets are placed in blisters of 10, 7 and 14 pieces, which are packed in packs of cardboard.
- Capsules "Catadolon Retard" in a shell of gelatin of red color. The contents of the drug is a powder of green-yellow or yellow hue. One capsule contains flupirtine maleate, as well as additional substances in the form of gelatin, magnesium stearate, water, titanium dioxide, E172, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate and copovidone. The drug is packed in packs of cardboard for 30, 50 or 10 capsules.
Pharmacological action of the drug
What is the drug under consideration and does it have an analog? "Catadolone" is a non-opioid analgesic that has an antispastic effect and has many different analogues.
The drug is not addictive and can have a centralized effect. After entering the body, it affects G-protein, thereby changing the potential difference in the calcium channels and stabilizing the potential of neuronal membranes.
What are the properties of the drug and its analog? "Catadolone" should be taken in doses that do not exceed the maximum allowable. Only in this case its active substance will not affect H- and M-cholinergic receptors, as well as opioid, dopamine, serotonin, alpha2 and alpha1-adrenergic receptors.
After taking capsules or tablets, anesthesia occurs by opening the potassium channels that are in the nerve cells.
According to experts, this drug has a good effect on NMDA receptors. It stops the flow of calcium ions that pass through the semi-impermeable walls of the membranes.
Principle of action of the medicinal product
How does the agent and its analog act on the human body? "Catadolon" contains flupirtine in its composition. It is this substance that does not allow the nervous impulse to respond to nociceptive stimuli. As a result of this effect, analgesia occurs.
The medicine does not give rise to painful sensations, nor does it allow them to grow into chronic ones. In addition, it effectively reduces already existing pain.
After taking the medication internally, there is a miorelaxation (by blocking the intermediate neurons). One can not help saying that this drug is able to protect neurons from toxins. By activating the calcium channels, the drug reduces the amount of damaging calcium ions in the cells.
Pharmacokinetics of medicament
When the tablets and capsules "Catadolon Retard" enter the digestive tract, the active substances of the drug are fully absorbed (approximately 90%). At the same time, 75% of the dose is metabolized in the liver.
The half-life of the drug from the body is 7-15 hours. Up to 70% of the medication is excreted by the kidneys, and the rest by the intestine.
In elderly people, as well as patients with impaired liver and kidney function, the elimination half-life increases.
"Catadolon" preparation: indications for use
Indications for the use of this drug are pain of various origins (mild and moderate), which are caused by spasms of smooth muscles.
So at what deviations are the drugs and their analogue appointed? "Catadolon" is often used for postoperative and headaches, back and neck pain, malignant tumors and tumors, etc.
Contraindications to the use of the medicine
The medicine "Catadolon" is highly not recommended for kidney and liver diseases, hypoalbuminemia, allergies to the active ingredient or auxiliary substances, ringing in the ears, and also for the treatment of elderly people, children and alcoholics.
Method of administration of the medicinal product
How should I take the medicine "Catadolon"? Capsules in no case can not be chewed. The dosage of such a drug is selected only on an individual basis.
The following treatment regimens are included in the instructions that accompany the medication:
- Adults under 65 years of age are prescribed 100 mg of the drug four times a day (i.e., 1 capsule). It is necessary to adhere to the same intervals of time between doses of the medicine. With severe pain, you can take two capsules three times a day. It should be borne in mind that the maximum daily dosage should be 600 mg (ie 6 capsules).
- Elderly (after 65 years), the drug "Catadolone" should be taken at 100 mg twice a day. Depending on the degree of pain, this dose can be increased to 300 mg per day.
- Patients who suffer from kidney failure or hypoalbuminemia are usually prescribed no more than 300 mg of drug per day.
- If the liver is damaged, the medication can not be taken in a dose that exceeds 200 mg per day. The duration of such therapy can be different. However, long-term treatment requires control of the activity of liver enzymes.
Analogues of the preparation "Catadolon" contain the same active substance as the original. However, when choosing them as a substitute, you should always consult a doctor and choose the optimal dosage.
An overdose of a drug
There are isolated reports of cases of overdose with the drug "Catadolon" with suicidal intentions. In this case, the following symptoms are observed: nausea, prostration, tachycardia, confusion, tearfulness, dryness of the oral mucosa, deafness.
As a treatment for such symptoms apply forced diuresis. In addition, the patient is given activated carbon and electrolytes are introduced. At observance of all listed measures the state of health of the patient improves after lapse of 6-12 hours.
Adverse reactions after taking the drug
In some patients, after taking tablets or capsules of "Catadolone", there may be side effects such as:
- Dizziness, general weakness and fatigue;
- Flatulence, nausea and abdominal pain;
- Tremor, indigestion;
- Headaches and anxiety;
- Allergic reactions;
- Drug hepatitis;
- Deterioration of vision.
Side effects can occur unexpectedly and also suddenly disappear during the course of therapy.
With simultaneous reception of the preparation "Catadolone" with such means as "Warfarin" and "Diazepam", the effect of the first can be strengthened. This is due to the fact that the listed drugs are easily associated with proteins, which facilitates the expulsion of flupirtine from the cells.
Sedatives, muscle relaxants and ethanol enhance their effects under the influence of the drug.
It is not recommended to combine the medication with Paracetamol, Carbamazepine and Flupirtin.
It should also be noted that with simultaneous use of the drug with "Kumarin" it is necessary to monitor the prothrombin index.
Before using the "Catadolon" medication, you should read the instructions. It states that:
- This drug should be used only if therapy with other analgesics is contraindicated.
- During the use of medication in people with reduced renal function, it is necessary to monitor the concentration of creatinine in the blood.
- In people over 65 years, as well as patients with hypoalbuminemia and severe renal insufficiency, a dose adjustment is required.
- Patients should be warned that during therapy, special attention should be paid to the symptoms of liver damage. When these signs are manifested, it is required to stop taking the medication and consult a doctor.
- During therapy with the drug "Catadolone", false-positive reactions of the test for urobilinogen, bilirubin and protein in the urine are possible.
- When using elevated doses of the drug, the patient may have urine staining green. This is not a clinical symptom of any pathology.
- During treatment, it is necessary to abandon the management of machinery and driving vehicles, as patients may develop dizziness and drowsiness.
"Catadolon" preparation: analogues, reviews, price
Synonym of this remedy is the preparation "Flugesic". As for the analogs, the following medicines are referred to them: "Akupan", "Nefopam", "Milistan" and "Sinmeton".
The price of the drug in question is very high. As a rule, it varies between 900 and 1200 rubles (depends on the form and number of tablets, capsules).
According to the patients' reviews, the medicine "Catadolon" quite effectively and quickly eliminates any pain syndromes. Despite a large number of adverse reactions, drug addicts very often use this remedy for anesthesia with abstinence.
As for ordinary patients, some of them complain that taking this medication often causes dizziness and general weakness.
According to the doctors, the drug "Catadolone" is often used in surgical practice. It is a very strong remedy, therefore, it should not be taken without prescribing a doctor.