What is the use of the Dicloberte medication (injections)? An exhaustive answer to this question will be given in the article presented. In addition, we will tell you about how to use this drug, in what form it is produced, what its composition is, whether it has side effects and contraindications.
Form of release of a medicament
The peculiarity of this drug is that it is produced in completely different forms. Which ones, we'll tell right now.
- Medicinal product "Diclubber 100". Instructions for use of this drug are embedded in cardboard packaging with the drug. This medication is available in the form of tablets. They are covered with an enteric membrane. In one cardboard pack can be 50 or 100 tablets of 50 mg.
- The drug "Diclober 75" (injections). The responses of experts say that this form of the drug is the most effective, since the active substance immediately enters the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system. The solution for intramuscular injections goes on sale in 3-ml ampoules (75 mg). In one cardboard bundle there are 5 ampoules.
- Medication "Dicloberte Retard." Instructions for use of this tool contains a lot of useful information. That is why before starting therapy with it should be sure to read. Postfix "retard" indicates that the drug is available in the form of 100-mg capsules prolonged action. In blisters can be 50, 20 or 10 capsules.
In what other form is the Diclobert medicament manufactured? Injections, pills and capsules are not the only form of the drug. After all, it can be purchased in the form of 50-mg suppositories for rectal administration. In a blister can be both 5 and 10 candles.
Pharmacological characteristics of a medical device
What is the Diclobert medicine (injections)? The instruction for use states that it is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is a derivative of phenylacetic acid. The active ingredient of this medication is diclofenac sodium.
The drug has pronounced anti-inflammatory properties. This effect on the human body is due to inhibition of the synthesis of prostaglandins.
The drug "Diclobert" (injections and other forms) has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-edematous effects. It lowers the adhesive properties of platelets under the action of ADP and collagen.
Pharmacokinetics of the medicine
With the injection of the injection, the maximum concentration of the drug in the blood is observed after about 10-20 minutes. When administered orally, diclofenac is completely absorbed from the intestine. In this case, the maximum concentration is observed after about 2-3 hours.
After the active element is absorbed from the intestine, presystemic metabolism is immediately performed. This is due to the primary passage through the liver.
After using the suppository, the maximum concentration in the blood is observed after about half an hour.
About 30% of diclofenac is metabolized. Leaves the drug through the intestines and kidneys. The half-life is approximately 120 minutes and does not depend on the work of the liver and kidneys.
Indications for use of NSAIDs
In what cases are patients prescribed Diclober 75 (injections)? The instruction contains the following list of indications:
- Dysmenorrhea primary;
- Rheumatic diseases (for example, rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis);
- Ankylosing spondylitis;
- Pain in injuries of soft tissues or musculoskeletal system;
- Dystrophic joint diseases.
Contraindications to the use of NSAIDs (nonsteroidal agents)
When should patients not be prescribed Dicloberb (injections)? Experts say that this medication has an extensive list of contraindications:
- Age less than 15 years;
- Allergy to diclofenac, as well as other drugs belonging to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- bronchial asthma;
- Peptic ulcer of the duodenum and stomach;
- Peptic ulcer;
- Disorders of hematopoiesis;
- Gastric or intestinal bleeding.
Medicinal preparation "Dicloberte": instruction
The injections, which we will discuss below, are used only for a deep intramuscular injection (in the buttock). The daily dosage of the drug is 75 mg (i.e., 1 ampoule). The maximum volume of the drug per day is 150 mg.
If long-term therapy with Dicloberl is necessary, then patients are prescribed rectal or oral forms.
Diclobert tablets are taken only by mouth. Do this only during consumption of food (in order to exclude irritating effect on the gastric mucosa), squeezed with a small amount of liquid. Tablets in any case can not be chewed. The daily dosage of the drug is 50-150 mg. For convenience and safety it is divided into 2-3 reception. The duration of therapy should be determined only by the attending physician.
Capsules "Diclobber Retard" are prescribed once a day in a volume of 100 mg. If you need to increase the dosage, then use tablets.
As for the rectal suppositories "Diclobert", they are administered after defecation deep into the rectum. The dosage of suppositories is determined only by a specialist and depends on the severity of the disease. As a rule, the daily volume of the drug is in the range of 50-150 mg. The indicated dosage is necessarily divided into 2 or 3 doses.
Adverse events after taking medication
Can the drug "Diclobert" (injections and other forms) be negatively affected by the human body? According to the attached instructions, this medication does have a number of side effects:
- Digestive tract: bloody vomiting, dyspepsia, melena, glossitis, bloody diarrhea, esophagitis, constipation, liver damage, loss of appetite, perforation and bleeding ulcers, exacerbation of gastric and intestinal diseases, pancreatitis, diarrhea, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding and nausea .
- Allergies: Lyell's syndrome, skin rash, anaphylactic shock, bullous eruptions, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, itching, bronchospasm, burning sensation at the injection site, swelling of the larynx, tongue and face, sterile abscess at the injection site and necrosis of the subcutaneous fat.
- Central nervous system: visual impairment, dizziness, depression, headache, nightmares, insomnia, tremor, fatigue, fear, excitement, confusion, changes in taste, neck stiffness, sensitivity disorders, disorientation, changes in perception of sounds and convulsions.
- System of blood: agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and anemia.
- Heart and blood vessels: palpitation, chest pain, hypertension, lowering blood pressure.
- Other: allergic vasculitis, worsening of the general condition with necrotizing fasciitis, pulmonitis .
An overdose of a medicine
Excess doses of the drug can cause headaches, dizziness, loss of consciousness, vomiting, disorientation, myoclonic cramps in children, nausea, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, impaired liver and kidney function. In case of overdose, urgent symptomatic treatment is necessary.
Interaction with other medicines
Can I take other medicines at the same time as Diclobert? Instruction (injections, capsule tablets, suppositories - all these forms of medication interact with other drugs almost identically) states that their administration against the background of the use of digoxin, phenytoin and lithium preparations can increase the level of the latter in the blood.
When combined with diuretics, as well as drugs used in hypertension, their effectiveness is markedly reduced. Combining the drug with potassium-sparing diuretics, you can see an increase in the concentration of potassium in the blood.
If you uncontrolledly combine medication with angiotensin-converting factor inhibitors, you can easily provoke kidney disorders. By combining the drug with glucocorticosteroids and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, the patient risks increasing the chance of developing side effects from the gastrointestinal tract.
Taking medication (per day) before or after methotrexate helps to increase the concentration of the drug and increase its toxic effects. When the drug is combined with antiplatelet agents, it is necessary to monitor the specialist by the blood clotting system.
In combination with cyclosporine, the negative effect of the latter is enhanced. As for the funds with probenecid, they significantly slow down the excretion of diclofenac.
One can not help saying that there are isolated cases of increase / decrease in blood glucose in patients diagnosed with diabetes mellitus, which necessitated a change in the dosages of antidiabetic drugs and insulin.
With diseases of the digestive tract, heart and blood vessels, as well as autoimmune pathologies, porphyria induced, hypertension, kidney disease and individual intolerance of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Diclobert should be taken only under medical supervision. The same applies to elderly people, people undergoing surgery, as well as patients with respiratory diseases, which are atopic.
After intramuscular injection, the patient should be under medical supervision for at least 60 minutes.
The drug can affect a person's ability to drive vehicles and perform work with dangerous mechanisms.
If long-term therapy with Diclobert is necessary, then it is necessary to monitor the kidneys and liver, as well as the level of glucose and the content of electrolytes in the blood.
Reviews about the drug
Now you know what the Diclobert drug is for (instruction). Injections, capsules, tablets and suppositories quickly and effectively eliminate pain syndromes. However, many patients complain that this medication has a negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract. That is why, with the slightest deviation of the digestive system, such a drug should in no case be included in drug therapy.