Bakhchisaray, Khansky Palace: photos and reviews of tourists

If you dream of visiting a fairy tale, then you certainly need to make a trip across the Crimea. Such beauties, moreover, covered with romantic myths and legends, you can not see anywhere else. To begin with, we recommend that you visit the city of Bakhchisarai (Republic of Crimea). It is located in the valley of the Churuk-Su River, at the foot of the most beautiful mountain Chufut-Kale. It is a historical and cultural monument of world significance.


Every year thousands of tourists come to these places to see Bakhchisaray. The Khan Palace, which has another name - "Hansaray" - the main attraction of the city. It was erected as the patrimonial residence of the almighty Gireys. For many years he was the residence of the dynasty. Each new ruler made changes to the grandiose structure. Despite this, he was always mysterious and impregnable.

He founded the Khan Palace in Bakhchisaray Sahib I Girey. It was built during the year 251 (1532-1783) and played a large role in the spiritual, cultural and political life of the Crimea. This is a magnificent example of the Crimean-Tatar palace architecture, the only one in the world. Today it is located on an area of 4.3 hectares, and in its heyday it was 18 hectares. The complex consisted of the southern and northern gates, the palace square, the main building, the harem and postal buildings, kitchens, stables and libraries. In addition, it included a falconry tower, a Persian garden, a mosque and a khanate cemetery.

In 1736, the palace was burned by Russian troops under the leadership of Christophe Minich. Later the buildings were completely restored. At that time the palace complex numbered about 4,500 rooms. The luxury and beauty of the decoration of the Khan Palace in those days was not equal. For 50 years in it 19 rulers have replaced. The last khan of the Girey family was Shaheen Girey.

In 1796, the Khan Palace was restored and rebuilt in anticipation of the arrival of Empress Catherine II. And in 1818, Hansaray was visited by Emperor Alexander I. After this visit, the structures were again changed. The Bathhouse and the Winter Palace were destroyed .

During the Crimean War (1853-1856), a hospital began to operate in the Khan's palace.

In 1908 a museum was opened in the town of Bakhchisaray (Russia). In 1917 it became known as the Museum of the History and Culture of the Crimean Tatars. Unfortunately, during the Second World War some of the most valuable museum exhibits were lost forever. Constant reconstruction of the palace led to its decline, in many ways architectural features were lost. In 1960, its detailed reconstruction was started, and in 19 years (1979) an architectural and historical museum was opened here.

Palace bathhouse

It is called Sary-Gyuzel ("Yellow Beauty"). Its construction dates back to 1532. The bathhouse is decorated with domes with stars and crescents located in them. The bath not only performed its direct functions, but also was a place of rest and restoration of forces.

Harem Complex

All who come to Bakhchisarai Khan Palace attracts with its amazing sights. Harem Complex is a huge tourist attraction. In the heyday of the palace, it consisted of four houses, in which there were up to seventy rooms. Up to now, only three of them have survived: Residential, Living room and Pantry. Three buildings of the complex were destroyed.

In the harem, traditionally, women and their sons lived up to seven years. The complex was surrounded by eight-meter walls. Next to it stood the Falcon Tower, from which the palace square was perfectly visible, and the favorite place of rest for the inhabitants of the Khan's palace was the Persian Garden.


Traveling around the Crimea will be incomplete if you do not see Bakhchisaray. The Khan Palace amazes with its magnificence even experienced tourists.

The palace complex has long been famous for its fountains - it's a marble white, which is often called Golden, and the most famous is the Fountain of Tears. They are in the Fountain Court.

The gold was intended for washing, and the Fountain of Tears has an amazing history and, according to the researchers, was moved to the current place from the cemetery.

As the ancient legend says, the Fountain of Tears in 1764 was built by the architect Omer in memory of the beloved wife of the Crimean Khan Giray - Dilyara, who died at the hands of artful rivals.

The fountain is made up of several bowls, which are always filled with water. The first is the personification of the flower head. Drops of water falling from it, like crystal teardrops, fill another bowl, embodying the heart of the ruler. Several small bowls are a symbol of time, which can dull the pain of loss, but bitter memories of it remain forever.

The Khan mosque (small)

In the main building of the palace is Khan Mosque. It is called Malaya. It is painted with floral ornaments. But its main feature is a niche in the southern wall, which is called "mihrab". Above it, an original stained glass window was created in the wall.

Great Mosque

Beautiful Bakhchisaray, the Khan's palace in particular, is capable of making a huge impression on the guests.

The Great Khan Mosque was built in 1532 and is the oldest construction of the complex. Outwardly it is two tall towers, topped with sharp spiers. Inside the towers, staircases are built, along which a minister rises to the balcony before the service begins. Part of it is occupied by the Khan's box. Its walls are decorated with paintings and stained-glass windows.

Summer arbor

It was built in the Pool yard as a resting place. In the center of it is a square pool with a fountain of carved white marble. Along all walls there are sofas. At first it was a one-story and open structure. Massive columns were covered with ivy. In 1831, wooden boards were installed between them and glazed with stained glass.

In addition, the second floor was built up. It housed the Golden Cabinet, the Ambassador's Hall, the Coffee and living rooms. The Hall of the Divan and the Ambassador's Hall belonged to the administrative part, important state issues were decided here. Gold cabinet is decorated with 24 stained-glass windows, under which there are sofas. The ceiling in the cabinet is made of wood, and the walls are decorated with original stucco molding.

Cave Monastery (Bakhchisaray)

Once in Bakhchisarai, no tourist misses the opportunity to visit the most sacred place of the city - the Assumption Cave Monastery. Legends and legends are associated with it. For a 12-century history, this holy place experienced both prosperity and decline.

The Holy Monastery is located in the tract Mariam-Dere. It is surrounded by completely steep cliffs up to 140 meters high. These places are the most majestic in the Crimea. Only to admire the magnificent scenery of these places, thousands of connoisseurs of the beauty of nature come to the Crimea every year.

Many legends are associated with the history of the monastery. One of them says that an evil and strong serpent attacked local people. Having lost all hope of salvation, they decided to leave their native lands. But one day they saw a gleam in the Gorge of Mary. Having built the steps, they went to this light and saw a cave in which a single candle burned, next to which was a dead serpent, and behind it was an icon of the Mother of God. Since then it has been decided to organize a monastery for Christians here.

According to another legend, the icon of the Mother of God found a shepherd in the gorge. Historians are sure that this monastery was founded by the Scythians at the end of the VIII century. By building the church they "approved" the adoption of a new religion. Perhaps the founders of the monastery were the monks from Byzantium. The church, and later the monastic cells, were cut down in a high rock.

In the middle of the XV century the monastery already comprised sets of caves, there were also land constructions - a small chapel, two guest houses, a cell of the hegumen. At this time the monastery became the main support of Christianity in the Crimea.

During the Turkish war, the Christians of Crimea, together with Metropolitan Ignatius, left their native places. By this time, the appearance of the city of Mariupol on the coast of the Azov Sea. The image of the Virgin was taken from the monastery and stayed in the new city forever.

The monastery deserted, but not for long. A few years later, a new patron appeared in it - Konstantin Spirandi. Assumption monastery was donated icon of the Assumption, with which many believers associate the stories of miraculous healing of people.

And again the monastery was empty after the Second World War. His recent history began in 1993. Here again appeared believers who denied worldly life. They are always glad to the numerous guests who want to see the sights of Bakhchisarai, which are collected in the Assumption Monastery - it's not only the Cave Temple itself, but also the face of an angel that appeared in some incredible manner before the entrance to the church, and a wall depicting temples and monasteries from all over Peace. Learn about the miraculous phenomena that happened here, seeking Christians from around the world.

Khan's Palace (Bakhchisarai) - how to get there

Any resident of Crimea will tell visitors about this architectural miracle.

We hope that you are interested in the Khan's Palace (Bakhchisarai). The address of this unique complex - st. River, 133. Finding this interesting place is quite simple, and we will tell you how to do it.

It is necessary to call in the city of Bakhchisarai from the side of Simferopol. You immediately pay attention to the index "Khan's Palace". Go to the main road of the Old Town and turn left. You will pass two more minutes - and you have arrived in the Khan's palace (Bakhchisaray). The price of a ticket for a tour of the palace is 225 and 115 rubles (for adults and children, respectively). The entrance to the complex is free of charge.

Similar articles





Trending Now






Copyright © 2018 Theme powered by WordPress.