Hardly anyone will argue with the fact that Russian classical literature is an inexhaustible source of wisdom, especially for the inhabitants of Russia. But in order to be a truly educated person, it is necessary to get acquainted with the works created by foreign writers. This article lists the names of those who made a great contribution to the world literature.
The best foreign writers
- William Shakespeare. And let them say that this person did not really exist, his works are a real cultural value. "Hamlet", "Romeo and Juliet", "King Lear" - these are the masterpieces that must be read to everyone. At least in order to make up their own opinion about these tragedies.
- Victor Hugo. His "Cathedral of the Notre Dame" - invariably one of the most beloved works of readers from around the world. It is also worth reading about the novels "The Man Who Laughs" and, of course, the "Les Miserables".
- Bernard Show. "Pygmalion" and "Devil's Apprentice" are perhaps his most famous plays. Still, foreign writers and their works are able to find a response in the hearts of Russian people. This is evidenced by numerous positive reviews about them in literary forums.
- Jules Verne. This writer is capable of capturing anyone - from young to old. "Children of Captain Grant" and other works related to the name of Captain Nemo, is what people read at any age.
- Sisters Bronte ("Jane Eyre", "Wuthering Heights", "Stranger from Wildfell Hall") - the best authors for girls and girls. Romantic works teach love, femininity, selflessness. These are romance novels that have long become classics. This includes Jane Austen ("Pride and Prejudice") and Daphne du Maurier ("Rebecca").
- Jack London. "Martin Eden" - a novel, which, of course, just need to read all the young people. "Sea Wolf", "Hearts of Three", "White Fang" - works, also worthy of your attention.
- Somerset Maugham. "Theater" is his strongest thing. It is also worth reading the "Burden of Passions of Men" and "The Moon and the Pitt."
Of course, this is only a small part of the names that can be called on the topic. Separately it is necessary to create another list.
Modern foreign writers
- Stephen King. He is called the King of Horrors. And not in vain. However, there is something else in his books that makes him not just another graphomaniac, but a writer with a capital letter. This is psychology. Books "Carrie", "IT", "Green Mile" and many others have long been recognized as masterpieces.
- John Fowles. His "Collector" agitated the entire reading world. Also worthy of note is the work "The Mistress of a French Lieutenant."
- Umberto Eco. "The Name of the Rose" and "Prague Cemetery" will not only sink you into the atmosphere of detective and mysticism, but also philosophical search, and complex emotional quakes.
- Albert Camus. Although the author died in 1960, it can be attributed to modern authors. "Plague", "Stranger", "The Myth of Sisyphus" - one of the most read his works.
The tales of foreign writers are also good if their authors are Andersen, the Brothers Grimm, Hoffmann, Lewis Carroll, Alan Milne, J. Rodari ...
Reading teaches you to think. Many foreign writers have a special charm of the narrative. In order to understand it, of course, it is necessary to read the work in the original. But even a simple acquaintance with the thoughts and ideas of writers is already a lot.