How nice for the ear are the names of the Moscow Semiholme, Luzhnikovskaya bend, the river Smorodina, which later became the Moscow River. Sparrow Hills (or Mount Svarogie, or Vorozhejskaya) is one of the 7 hills on which Moscow is located.
The emergence of the temple on the Sparrow Hills
The ancient village of Vorobyevo, which gave the name to the hill, was changed by the masters due to princely intrigues, like the local church, the first mention of which dates back to the middle of the 15th century. Then, in the second half of the 17th century, in place of the three dismantled churches that existed by then, a single Holy Trinity Church was built.
The building existing now began to be built in 1811, retaining its former name, and the old church, due to its dilapidation, was disassembled by the order of Catherine.
History of the temple
Unconditional is the fact that the Church of the Trinity of the Life-giving on the Sparrow Hills has its own history. It was in this temple that MI Kutuzov offered his prayer before the famous Council in Fili. By a lucky chance during the seizure of Moscow by Napoleon, the church was not damaged, in 1813 its complete erection ended. The architect A. Vitberg, the author of the project, has developed a building in the style of late classicism - Empire. One-domed, with a quadrangular base and aisles, it was decorated with columns on the facade. The Church of the Trinity of the Life-Giving on the Sparrow Hills has a two-tiered bell tower.
Renovated in 1858 and in 1898, after the October Revolution, it could be said that it was constantly under threat of demolition - something expanded, something was paved, something was being built, and the territory of the church was always needed. But we can state that the fate of this cult structure is happy - survived in the fire of Moscow in 1812, not demolished in the Soviet era, it avoided the ban on the bell ringing, introduced on the territory of the capital. Obviously, in all these cases an important role was played by its distance from the center.
The structure of the temple
In Moscow, several Troitsk churches and churches, which are usually laid on the days of church holidays. Hence, any temple of the Holy Life-Giving Trinity was beginning to be worth on this great holiday - the Trinity, or Pentecost, one of the twelve-fold holy days. One of the most beautiful and solemn services takes place on this day. This holiday is associated with the greenery, with the victory of spring over the winter. Maybe that's why the roofs of many Trinity churches are painted green. That's very beautiful! In some interpretations it is considered as a mixture of blue and yellow. In this connection, it symbolizes the rebirth of the soul through generosity and good deeds. In addition, it is the color of St. John the Evangelist. His mantle is often green.
The peculiarity of the Ostankino church
The unique iconostasis
During the Soviet era, the church was not demolished, but thoroughly looted. From 1991 to 1996, the consecration of the three chapels of the church is consecutive. Gradually, the temple returns to its original purpose. Divine services began in the 90s of the previous century. The main shrines, stored here - the Temple icon of the Old Testament Trinity and the Chernigov icon of the Mother of God.
Temple in Horoshevo
Time of the services
The schedule of the Trinity Zhyznachnaya Church includes a detailed and precise schedule of services, which consist of prayers and priests. That is, the exact time for the dispensation of all the church rites and services should be indicated, because to take out particularly revered icons, for example, the icon of the Mother of God of Georgia, people gather not only from the whole district, but also from other regions.