Blood with feces in men (the reasons for this are different) may indicate the presence of various pathologies in the body. It can be as a consequence of a small crack of a small size caused by constipation, and a sign of cancer of the intestine.
Why there is feces with blood, causes in men, treatment - all this is described in this article.
The main causes of discharge of blood with feces
Such a symptom should always alert and become an excuse to call a doctor.
Why does blood develop in men? The reasons can be as follows:
- The presence of hemorrhoids or anal fissures.
- Oncological defeat. In this case, we are talking about the presence of a tumor in the intestine, stomach or rectum.
- The formation of diverticulum of the intestine.
- Peptic ulcer disease.
- Cirrhosis of the liver, which develops varicose veins.
- Causes of another nature: the presence of Crohn's disease, a disease of infectious nature, an increased level of potassium in the body.
False blood discharge
Blood with feces in men (the cause of the symptom, as a rule, lie in the presence of the disease of the digestive tract) can also be a false manifestation. The chair in this case acquires a reddish tinge or includes red bunches after consuming a number of products: tomatoes, beets, currants, sausages with blood content. Therefore, when there is an atypical color of the stool mass, do not panic. It should be remembered what food was used these days. If the diet included specific foods, then we can assume that the stool was not mixed with blood.
If after a day the situation has not changed, then you should pay attention to your health, since the admixture of blood in the feces always indicates the presence of any pathology in the gastrointestinal tract.
Before visiting a specialist, it is recommended to carry out the diagnosis yourself. However, such manipulations should in no case replace the medical examination.
How to carry out the diagnosis yourself?
What are the causes of such manifestations as blood with feces? Self-diagnosis in many ways will help to clarify the situation. Undoubtedly, a person who does not have a special medical education is not able to determine the provoking factor, but this is not required.
Diagnosis, carried out by an independent way, is needed, more likely, for complacency and in order to provide the expert more useful information that will help him to make a correct diagnosis.
So, if you find a symptom such as blood with feces in men (there can be different reasons), you should pay attention to the following symptoms:
- Blood color;
- Its volume;
- The presence of blood veins, clots and drops;
- The place of blood accumulation (whether it is present in the feces or on its surface, it is also important whether the blood passes over to toilet paper or linen).
It is on the basis of such signs that a preliminary diagnosis can be presumed, which can subsequently be confirmed by a specialist.
Why does feces appear in men? The reasons can be as follows:
- Bleeding in the form of drops or a jet is noted in the presence of hemorrhoids. At the same time, blood is colored in scarlet color, does not contain any impurities or mucus. With the form of hemorrhoids in feces, not only blood but also pus is present.
- The stool contains blood with mucus. This may be evidence of the presence of polyps, colitis and even malignant neoplasm.
- Blood is colored in scarlet and contains streaks mixed with feces. This indicates the presence of a cancer in any part of the gastrointestinal tract. The same clinical picture characterizes diverticula and colitis.
- Cal has a liquid consistency (diarrhea), and single inclusions of blood are visible in it. This indicates a helminth infection of the body, and if such signs occur at elevated body temperature, this signals a disease such as dysentery.
- The brighter the blood is, the closer the pathological process is to the anal opening.
- Scarlet blood signals the development of inflammation in the large intestine.
Feces with blood in men (the causes of the phenomenon can be different) can be of different colors. Does staining of the stool matter when diagnosed? Attention is also paid to this feature. Black stools are evidence that the blood stagnated for a long time in the tract and was baked. Often the secretion of dark color is noted in the presence of oncological tumors.
The chestnut stool is evidence of a pathological process in the small intestine, located in the middle of the tract.
A visit to a specialist is extremely necessary, since the admixture of blood in the stool is a very serious symptom. It is better not to postpone visiting the doctor's office. Indeed, in the case of a serious disease, it is easier to stop at an early stage, rather than with a running form.
Diagnosis of the proctologist in the presence of blood in the feces
What are the causes of such a phenomenon as blood with feces? Diagnosis, conducted by proctologists, includes a number of procedures on the basis of which the specialist can make a final diagnosis and choose the appropriate therapeutic course.
The main methods include the following:
- Collecting anamnesis. In this case, it will be useful to describe the signs obtained in diagnosing at home. The patient can describe the consistency of atypical discharges during defecation. In addition, the doctor will inquire about the general state of health and complaints of the patient.
- Finger examination of the rectum. The procedure is quite unpleasant, but it is very necessary, as in most cases it helps when setting the right diagnosis.
- Diagnosis is not complete without a general analysis. Usually the level of hemoglobin is determined, the stool and urine are examined.
- Manipulation of an additional nature. If the examination does not give the doctor a full picture or the doctor has doubts about something, he can advise the passage of additional testing, the delivery of tests or research. To similar methods it is necessary to carry a coprogram, an endoscopy, a colonoscopy, a sigmoidoscopy, a roentgenography. In this case, the division of the large intestine is subject to investigation. Manipulation will allow you to put the right diagnosis, on the basis of which the patient is given proper therapy.
In most cases, pathological processes that trigger bleeding bring discomfort to the patient, but are not fatal. But in some cases the situation can be critical. After all, the causes of the appearance of blood in the stool for men are not the same. Sometimes such a manifestation is provoked by the presence of a cancerous tumor, metastasis and other dangerous pathologies. They bear a direct threat to the life of the patient. That is why the examination of a specialist is extremely necessary.
Blood in the feces with hemorrhoids
What are the causes of such a symptom as blood with feces? Without pain, such a symptom occurs in the presence of microcracks. But with hemorrhoids, he gives discomfort.
Hemorrhoids are a common cause of the appearance of blood in the act of defecation. This disease is characterized by swelling, inflammation and subsequent prolapsus of veins. All this is accompanied by the release of blood. The cause of the pathology lies in varicose veins, in which the venous outflow of blood is disturbed.
As a result of this process, rectal tissues are filled with blood. Over time, it coagulates, and so hemorrhoids are formed. They are neoplasms filled with blood. That is why, during relaxation, they decrease in size, and in a strained state increase.
With hemorrhoids, blood is located on the surface of the stool and manifests itself in the form of streams. It can be seen on toilet paper or in the toilet. If a person suffers from constipation, then hemorrhoids can become aggravated and cause bleeding.
Forms of hemorrhoids
It is accepted to distinguish two forms of hemorrhoids:
- Chronic appearance. Flows wavy. If you do not do the proper therapy, then the disease begins to progress and eventually takes an acute course.
- The acute stage. It manifests itself in sharp painful sensations, which seem to burst the person from within. In addition, the patient complains of the presence of a foreign body in the anus. When defecating in a sitting position, this feeling becomes more acute. The disease can be accompanied by a copious discharge of blood. There may also be complications such as paraproctitis, tissue necrosis, which, in the absence of proper treatment, can even lead to sepsis.
Causes of hemorrhoids
The causes of the disease are varied. The most common are:
- passive lifestyle;
- Increased physical loads;
- Presence of constipation;
- Abuse of spicy foods or spices;
- The use of alcoholic beverages;
- Inflammatory process in the gastrointestinal tract;
- Oncological neoplasms in the pelvic area.
For this reason, hemorrhoids can be classified as occupational diseases. Why is blood with feces in men (the reasons described in the article) appear with a certain kind of employment? A symptom is often found in porters, drivers, athletes, accountants and other professionals who lead a sedentary lifestyle or lift heavy objects.
The presence of diverticulum in the intestine
Blood in the feces of an adult male (the reasons are different) can be provoked by diverticulosis. This disease is characterized by protrusion of the walls of tubular and hollow organs. Pathological process can capture any organ.
The most frequent location of the diverticulum is the gastrointestinal tract. Often they are localized in the esophagus, duodenum, small or large intestine.
The symptomatology of the disease, as a rule, remains unexpressed. Sometimes the disease is detected absolutely suddenly.
Feces and food accumulate, their fermentation takes place with subsequent suppuration. If the stagnant mass remains for a long time in the diverticula, it causes inflammation and perforation. In addition, the process can serve as an impetus to the development of cancer lesions.
Diverticula in the acute stage are accompanied by constipation in chronic form. It is this kind of constipation that causes the appearance of blood impurities in the act of defecation. At the same time, patients complain of an increase in body temperature and uneven pain in the gastrointestinal tract.
Causes of diverticulosis
The causes of the disease can be different. The most common are:
- Weakening of the muscles of the hollow organ;
- Increased pressure in the body;
- Presence of constipation;
- Development of a hernia;
- Omission or prolapse of the organ;
- The presence of hemorrhoids or varicose veins of the lower limbs;
- Trauma and inflammatory processes.
Usually the elimination of symptoms inherent in the disease is possible only through perforation of the organ.
Blood in the stool with ulcer disease
Why does blood develop in men? Causes and symptoms may be different. One of them is an ulcer. It is characterized by the appearance of defects in the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum. Usually the disease develops between the ages of 25 to 50 years
Ulcer is characterized by an acute and sudden onset. The ailment characterizes the presence of acute pain in the stomach, nausea, heartburn, belching and constipation. The last symptom can be so intense that even stomach pains are less of a concern.
The reasons for the development of pathology can be:
- Overstrain of the nervous system and stress;
- Improper diet;
- Increased consumption of spicy foods and fatty foods;
- alcohol consumption;
- Long-term use of hormonal drugs;
- Predisposition to the disease at the genetic level.
Bloody discharge in the stool with the presence of ulcers look different depending on the area in which the ulcer was formed. Usually the feces turn black. However, it should be remembered that a similar sign characterizes the tumor of the intestine. Therefore, to establish an accurate diagnosis requires a comprehensive diagnosis.
Oncology in men
The oncological process can develop in any area of the gastrointestinal tract. As a rule, the disease develops in elderly people, but recently it has been revealed in people after 40 years. Symptomatic cancer depends on which department the tumor developed. Often pathology is formed in the rectum.
There are two groups of symptoms:
- Nonspecific. A person complains of food intolerance, asthenia, fatigue, pallor, depression and / or a complete lack of appetite, a sharp weight loss, a violation of touch and smell. This symptomatology is inherent in other diseases. Therefore, on its basis, the diagnosis is not immediately put.
- Specific. They are characteristic only for oncology. Symptoms are manifested in the late stages of the disease. They are expressed in pain in the rectum, bloating and rumbling of the abdomen. These symptoms persist even after eating. In addition, patients complain of a feeling of overcrowding in the stomach and intestines. In this case, after the act of defecation, a person complains of the feeling that the intestine remained complete. There are violations such as diarrhea or constipation, increased formation of gases. When the tumor increases in size, the stool is modified. The feces become ribbon-like. The urge to empty the bowel becomes frequent. Often they turn out to be false. In the stool there is an atypical admixture of blood, mucus, pus and pieces of tumor. At a late stage of the disease appears obstruction.
When the pathological process spreads to the upper part of the rectum, permanent constipation, a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, pain sensations, and incontinence of stool and gases are disturbed.
Bleeding in the presence of cancer is not so intense, but differ in regularity, which provokes anemia and asthenia. In this case, the admixture of blood is noticeable in the feces. The chair gets black. Similar signs indicate the presence of a cancerous tumor.
Cirrhosis of the liver
Feces with blood (causes in men described in this article) may be a manifestation of cirrhosis of the liver. The disease is characterized by pathological disorders of its cells. This process is caused by proliferation of connective tissue. As a result, there is a violation of the functionality of the body.
The reason for the admixture of blood in the stool is not the disease itself, but the varicose veins that begin to develop with the disease.
Symptomatic of the disease
The main signs of the disease include:
- The formation of stars from the vessels in the upper part of the body;
- A feeling of itching;
- Pain in the joints;
Internal bleeding can occur at later stages, when cirrhosis disrupts the integrity of blood vessels and veins. In this case, bleeding opens in the upper gastrointestinal tract.
The main symptom of the disease is feces of black color.
Causes of the disease
The main reasons for the development of liver cirrhosis include:
- Alcohol abuse;
- Presence of hepatitis;
- Poisoning the body with industrial chemicals or drugs of some groups;
- Presence of heart failure causing venous congestion in the liver;
- Changes in the structure of the biliary tract;
- Genetic factor, manifested in such diseases as glycogenosis, hemochromatosis, etc.
If the cause of the discharge of blood was cirrhosis, then in addition to treatment of the consequence of the disease, therapy of the underlying ailment is necessary. For this purpose, not only to the proctologist, but also to other specialists.
Blood with feces in men (the causes are described in the article) is eliminated with the help of various drugs. When complicating a number of diseases, rectal suppositories and ointments are used. Such therapy is appropriate in the presence of hemorrhoids. The means containing zinc oxide, titanium or bismuth are selected. They have a hemostatic effect. Used drugs such as Relief, Proctozan Neo, Relief Advance and Proctosan.
The presence of cracks in the anus and bleeding requires an integrated approach. Also used laxatives: candles based on glycerin or sea-buckthorn and "Guttalaks."
With the development of serious pathologies in the digestive tract, treatment of these diseases is required. This will eliminate the disease itself and the bleeding caused by it. Pain and related symptoms also stop.
The cause of such a symptom as blood with feces, in men (causes and problems, Related to it, described in the article) should be established by a specialist. In each individual case it is recommended to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of the trait, and not to fight only with it. It is forbidden to conduct therapy alone. You must visit the specialist's office without fail.