Since ancient times, people breed cows, as well as small cattle. For each animal species it is necessary to create certain conditions of detention. With proper management of animal husbandry, a farmer manages to increase the available livestock several times over a short period of time.
Features of animal husbandry
In order to breed large and small cattle, it is necessary to have a large enough land plot. Farms engaged in livestock farming, for this purpose, rent large tracts of land. At home breeding livestock is located on the available territory. In this case, cows need to provide a sufficiently large stall, a walker. Goats and sheep need less territory.
The question of lack of space determines which large and small cattle will be divorced.
Breeding of cattle
Large cattle and small cattle are referred to livestock. To the first carry different breeds of cows. Small cattle are goats, sheep. Before you breed any kind of animals, you need to evaluate your capabilities.
Growing cows is a very profitable business. Only two animals are able to bring good revenue and fully pay for the costs of their maintenance. Before you have animals, you need:
- Find out what breeds exist, what are found in a particular region.
- Identify the place where the animal will be kept. If the cow is to graze in the summer, then it is necessary to provide a place for an overnight stay: a canopy, a shed. For winter maintenance, you will need a warm room and a ledge.
Determined with the place of content, decide the choice of the breed. This is not easy, because there are many different representatives of cattle.
Breeds of cows
Those who have never dealt with cows, it is recommended to select a breed that will not be unpretentious to the climate. In this case, do not forget that the cow should give a lot of milk.
- Cattle Hereford breed. It is famous throughout the world, as it is unpretentious to the climate. The color of the animals is red, they have white spots all over the body. This breed grows rapidly and has a large reproduction. After 1.5 years, the young reaches sexual maturity.
- Limousine breed also has a red color, but it is more durable, unpretentious in care. Limousine cows are distinguished from others by their high fecundity: they can bring up to three calves per calving.
- Kazakh white-headed. Animals are well acclimatized and quickly gain weight. In the warm season, they have smooth hair, and in the winter it becomes curly and dense.
- The most common breed is Simmental. The profitability of its content is almost one hundred percent.
There are other breeds of cows that are great for keeping in different climatic zones.
One of the earliest animals that a person tamed is a goat. These animals perfectly adapt to any climatic conditions, unpretentious in their content.
Goats give different products: down, meat, milk, skins.
Among the goat goats are:
- The breed is bottomless. From one animal it is possible to receive up to one and a half kilograms of down about 10 centimeters long.
- The Orenburg goat. This is the largest downy animal. The goats goat is thin, long, but it is not sufficiently elastic and elastic. Because of this feature, fluff from Orenburg breeds is mixed with the production of other goats, most often the Donets.
There are goats that are kept for milk. The most common breed is the Russian goat. It has a light weight, gives an average of about four liters of milk per day. Zaanen goats have a higher milk yield. With good maintenance, they are able to give up to eight liters of milk per day. This small cattle has a large constitution and quite a lot of weight.
Sheep are very early animals. Their puberty comes as early as six months of life. For one lamb, the sheep bring from one to three lambs, in rare cases there may be four. Moreover, lambing occurs twice a year. Because of this feature of sheep, they pay back costs very quickly.
Sheep are not just small cattle, which multiply rapidly. These animals grow well. By the age of four months, the young are about half the weight of the adult. For example, if an adult sheep by the standards of the breed should weigh eighty kilograms, the young at 4 months will weigh about forty kilograms.
All small cattle are divided into wool and meat. The first type has subspecies: coarse-wooled, thin-haired, half-fine, etc.
Private farmers and farmers most often breed the Romanov breed. It has a universal purpose and high fertility. Professionals recommend starting breeding of small cattle from this breed, as it is unpretentious, perfectly adapts to any climatic zones.
Breeding any animals is hard work. Animals need to feed, remove wool, milk, remove manure, graze. To keep them, you need a place, they prepare food. All this is hard work, which not everyone can do.