Knitted knitted sweaters: description of work
A knitted sweatshirt is a convenient and versatile wardrobe item. Strictly speaking, a jacket should be called clothes with a fastener for the upper body. However, in everyday life, everything is called anything: pullovers, tops, cardigans.
The classic jacket is made of warm yarn, has sleeves and pockets, but today this model is not very popular. Therefore, the craftsmen are engaged in the manufacture of products made of wool or cotton, and often choose models without sleeves. In this article, we will consider options for creating several blouses that correspond to different levels of knitting: the initial, medium, high.
Face and purl loops are the basics that all beginners learn. In principle, if they are going to embody only a few small items, they can not clog their heads with more complicated tricks. Many patterns are based on a combination of these two types of loops. The simplest is the facial smoothness (odd numbers - facial, even - purl). Such binding was used in the manufacture of the following model.
The two-color, knitted female jacket is made of cotton thread of medium thickness (250-300 m / 100 grams). The designer decided to do without sleeves, and moved the buckle to the backrest part, but if desired, the model can be supplemented or slightly modified.
How to tie a sweater?
For work you will need a yarn of two contrasting colors, spokes, the size of which corresponds to the thickness of the thread, and five to six small buttons. As a rule, 350-400 grams of material is sufficient for a sweater of size 44-46.
Before you start knitting, you should perform a control sample and calculate the number of loops per 10 cm canvas. This will help to type the correct number of loops and form a detail of the desired size.
The figure below shows a drawing of the pattern and indicates all the necessary dimensions in centimeters.
Begin work with threads of a darker color. Having knitted 40% of the canvas, you need to introduce a second yarn and perform an alternation: two rows of the same color, two rows of the second. Striped area can be quite small, or it can be made quite wide. The top part of each part is made of light yarn.
Features of the model
This women's sweatshirt, tied with knitting needles, is very simple to manufacture, but there are several important points to look out for:
- The first 5-7 rows of each part should be knitted with garter stitch (all rows are done with facial loops). This bar will not allow the canvas to curl into the tube.
- Working on the details of the back, in parallel with the knitting of the main cloth to form a bar for buttons. To do this, several loops from the right (or left) side are always tied with facial. It should be remembered that on the bar of one of the details should be the eyelets. The opening for the small buttons is carried out in the following way: two (three) loops are closed, and in the next row over them make a cape (nakid). A hole is obtained, and the number of loops in the bar is preserved.
- The flaps and neck are also decorated with garter stitch. The patches are connected in parallel with the main cloth. The neckline can be made while working on the details or is connected after all the fabrics are sewn together. In the second case, along the notch with the help of circular knitting needles, loops are made and several rows are knit with a handkerchief pattern.
- An alternative method of tying is the processing of all open edges by a crochet: a column without a crochet, a "rickety step," an openwork border.
Female jacket (with knitting needles) with description of the "wave" pattern
Completely different blouses blouse, depicted in the following photo.
Here work begins with a set of hinges for the neck. By and large, this is a type of raglan, but the addition of loops occurs not in four points of the canvas, but along the entire length of the row. To get such a knitted sweater, the craftsman should be able to perform more complex (than at the initial stage) manipulation with loops. The pattern suggested by the developers already contains all the necessary additions, so the knitter needs only to correctly read the diagram and follow the instructions when working.
Empty cells are facial loops, x - purl, inclined line - two loops tied together, an oval - a cape. When the coquette is ready, that is, its length will be equal to the depth of the armhole, it is necessary to stop knitting. Further it is necessary to work only with a cloth of a transfer and a back, freely having closed loops of sleeves. Later, these areas will need to be tied with a crochet. The loops of the remaining parts on the spokes are combined in one row and continue to knit until the blouse reaches the desired length.
Blouse with a sleeve, tied with a pattern of "spikelets"
To make such a product, the master must be able to perform all the basic techniques described in the previous paragraphs, and also have the ability to calculate loops. It is extremely important to place patterned stripes symmetrically on the details of the gear and the back. In addition, the knitter will have to show some persistence and perseverance in the process of making all the parts, their steaming and stitching. Quite rarely, it is possible to avoid unraveling and bandaging, especially when forming the pellet of the sleeve and armhole.
First of all it is necessary to make a pattern according to its size, in order to be able to apply a knitted fabric to it. Next, you need to tie a control sample and calculate the loops. And, finally, it is worth checking the thread for shrinkage: wash and dry the sample. If its dimensions have decreased, then this should be taken into account when calculating loops. Simply put, to measure is already a washed and dried fragment.
Any knitted sweatshirt will be both beautiful and functional when using yarn with natural fibers (wool, cotton, mohair). For this model, a thread with a thickness of not more than 300 m / 100 grams is suitable.
Beginning of work
After the set of loops, you need to tie about five centimeters with a pattern of "spikelets", the scheme of which is given below.
Here it is necessary to closely monitor the number of loops, since in the first row of rapport new elements (nakids) are added, and they are reduced only in the third.
After forming the pattern strip, it is necessary to go to the surface of the face. This knitting is often used as a background for a variety of ornaments. Do not forget that when working on the shelves you need to simultaneously tie the straps for the buttons.
The upper part of the backrest and details are decorated with a pattern of "spikelets", but the sleeve ends with a facial smoothness.
How to properly form a pellet?
Quite a lot of knitters have difficulty in knitting the semicircular part of the sleeve - the pellet. There are several techniques that will significantly reduce and simplify the process:
- To start the cuts, you need to close several loops at the same time: from the side, transfer to 5 cm, from the back to 3 cm.
- Then 30% of the pellet is knitted, cutting in each face row two loops (at the beginning and at the end).
- The next 40% should be knit evenly, without any reduction.
- Further, 20% perform the same contractions as in the beginning of the pellet (two loops through the row).
- In the process of working on the last 10% you need to close 6 loops in each row (three at the beginning and the same at the end). If the thread is thick, the last stage can be only two or three rows. In the case where the yarn is thin, more rows will be required.
These simple recommendations allow you to create the right silhouettes, thanks to which the women's sweaters, knitted with knitting needles, ideally "sit" on the figure.
On average, the sleeve of the sleeve for the 44-46th size is about 18 cm. Of course, if the craftsman works with a thick thread, the fabric will be quite stiff, so the pellet should be at least 20-22 cm.
At the final stage, all the details of the product are processed by steam from the iron and sewed together. Do not forget about the rules of care for woolen things: they are washed only in warm water (no more than 30 degrees) and dried in a horizontal position. This information will be important for those who are adopted for women's knitted sweaters (knitting needles), with a description or on their own design.