The Trinity Church in the Leafs is first mentioned in historical documents of 1632. The temple is called the Life-Giving Trinity, not by chance, since it was from here that the ancient pilgrims began their pedestrian journey to the Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra.
The history of the temple
In the stone the church was rebuilt by the archers. This streltsy regiment always stood out loyal to the king. They contributed to the capture of Stenka Razin, distinguished themselves in the Chigirinsky campaign of 1678. After the battle, they did not forget to bring thanksgiving to the Lord.
Tsar Aleksei Mikhailovich favored his subjects and donated a brick for the construction of the church, constantly supervised its erection, sent church utensils.
The highest favor was rendered to the church by Tsar Peter I, so the regiment under the command of Lavrenty Sukharev was the only one who kept him faithful during the Streltsy rebellion of 1689 and followed him to the Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra.
The status of the Admiralty and the parish was given to the church by the decree of Peter I in 1704. Subsequently, the bell tower built in the second half of the 18th century has a characteristic Admiralty spire.
From 1919 to the 1930s. The abbot of the church was Protopriest Vladimir Strakhov, who was subsequently shot. Here also served priest Ivan Krylov, who spent almost 20 years in prison.
From 1921 to 1924 years. First a psalm-reader, and then the deacon here served the future priest-martyr John Tarasov.
In 1927 - the Holy Martyr John Berezkin.
From 1930 to 1931. - Holy Martyr Boris Ivanovsky, who was the last rector of the church before he was shut down by the Bolshevik authorities. This happened in 1931.
At first the hostel was placed here, then the workshops.
In the early 70's, the walls of the temple began building an exit from the metro station. In the process of working, they found cracks on the walls. The temple was going to be demolished, but the famous architect Peter Baranovsky defended the old church.
The 1980 Olympics served as an excuse for saving many of the Moscow churches that stood in desolation, and the Trinity Church in the Sheets was also partially restored. The temple was freed from the add-ons and additions to the Soviet era, and the head and the dome were returned to their place. After the Olympics, the restoration work froze. The temple was planned to be transferred to the Mosconcert. But, fortunately, this did not happen.
Restoring the Temple
In 1990, the Church of the Life-Giving Trinity in Liszt returned the Russian Orthodox Church. The first floor of the temple had to literally dig out of sand and clay. The bell tower was rebuilt again, according to the samples of the 17th century, the iconostasis of the Pokrovsky aisle and the chapel of St. Alexis, Metropolitan of Moscow, were built. The iconostasis of the central side-chapel was restored from a photo of the XIX century.
As soon as the liturgical life resumed in the church, the Lord showed many of his miracles and mercies to strengthen the faith of the parishioners. First, the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God returned to the Trinity Church in the Leaf, which, apparently, was in the attic for 60 years, while the desolation reigned inside the church. It was discovered quite unexpectedly in the early 90s.
There are also crucifixes and icons that have already been mirred during the period of the new life of the temple. The once-old icon of the Life-Giving Trinity itself was refreshed and continues to lighten.
Shrines of the temple
The parishioner of the church, the icon painter Vyacheslav Borisov, left a bright memory after he wrote many icons. But along with the beautiful new icons, any temple strives to acquire also stained, nameless icons, such as the wonderful icon of the holy martyr Paraskeva, in Russia named Friday. Or the icon of St. Theodosius of Chernigov with a piece of his vestments. This icon, according to legend, before the revolution was in the church in the name of the holy martyr Pankratiya. In 1929 the temple was destroyed. The last abbot of this church was sung in the temple of the Life-Giving Trinity in the Leaf in 1931.
The Trinity Church in the Sheets - schedule of services
The temple in Lista is visited by a large number of local parishioners, as well as pilgrims from other cities. Every day at 8.00 am the Liturgy begins, and at 17.00 Vespers and Matins.
In the days of church holidays, there are especially many people in the church - everyone is in a hurry to take part in a festive divine service and all-night vigil. The Trinity Church in the Sheets, whose work schedule is presented in the article, went through difficult times, but remained standing and continues to serve all believers.