Kettling machines are equipment used to combine extreme open loops on parts of knitwear (socks, stockings and others). The process of connecting loops is called a kettleuvka. This method of stitching parts is more practical and aesthetic than a hand-made suture.
Principle of operation
To fasten the edges of the product, the kettling machine is equipped with a needle conveyor (a so-called fountain). Needles of the conveyor (tokoly) are put on the edges of the parts to be joined (one loop per one stick). The needle carries out reciprocating movements along the grooves of the truncation of the fountain. Getting in the loop, the needle threaded through them, which connects the edges of the knitted parts.
Classification of the ketting equipment
In accordance with the number of threads that participate in the formation of loops, kettling machines can be:
- Single-stranded. They are used for processing the edges of upper knitted garments (processing of collars, beads, pockets) and kettleski of parts of hosiery.
- Two-threaded. Used for kettles, stockings, socks, tights and so on.
- Three-threaded. Machining the edges of parts to prevent them from being blown.
The seams produced by the kettling machines must be imperceptible and elastic. This is achieved by the correct selection of the ketting equipment, which must correspond to the class of the knitting machine. The easiest way to choose is to match the density of knitwear. For this purpose, the number of loop rows is counted per unit length. Their number will correspond to the class of the machine.
More often kettlevku (that is, working on a kettling machine) is produced on equipment whose class is higher than the class of the knitting machine used. This is due to the fact that the fiber removed from the knitting equipment is subject to some shrinkage, and for easy putting on of the loops on the bar of the kettling machine, the distance between the latter should be equal to the interval of the walking step. If this condition is not fulfilled, it is necessary to stretch the web or to increase the gap between the tokols.
The bale machine is classified according to the way stitches are formed, the nature of the conveyor movement and the structure of the main mechanism. In addition, the needles of these machines are different (straight, curved) and fountain motions (continuous, periodic). Putting the loops on the tocol is done manually, and the unification, cutting, cleaning and processing of the seam makes the machine in automatic mode.
Manufacturers of machine tools
The main manufacturers represented in the sewing equipment market are HAGUE (England), CONTI COMLETT (Italy), RMS (Turkey), KMS (Turkey).
This equipment differs purpose, that is used in industry or in everyday life, as well as class, drive (manual, electric) and, accordingly, price.
HAGUE models overview
- Hague 280 H is a manual picking machine that performs a chain single-thread stitch, used to connect parts from jersey. In the case of the kettles of necks and beaks, the class of knitting equipment must be taken into account, since each part loop is put on the needle of the connecting machine. When sewing shoulder and side seams, you can use products from knitting machines of any class.
- Hague 280 E - the fifth-class kettledovka machine, equipped with an electric drive, like the previous model, performs chain single stitches.
- Hague 290 CE - the third class electric equipment. Used to connect parts of clothing, which is associated with third-class machines. The operations performed are similar to those of the models described above.
- Hague 280 FE is an electronic picking machine, the photo of which is presented below, of the seventh grade, performing single-threaded chain seams and used to assemble parts made on knitting devices of the seventh class.
CONTI COMPLETT model overview
- 99-K / DD. This model of the kettling machine connects the knitted parts with chain two-thread stitches. Such a combination is beneficial both from the aesthetic and from the practical side. In addition, all Conti Complett models use a special stitch forming system, which allows you to increase productivity to a maximum of up to one thousand four hundred stitches per minute, even when working with such "heavy" raw materials as nylon, wool, lurex and others.
- The movements of the front are clockwise, the needle is located outside the front, and the looper is inside. The diameter of the ring is eighteen inches (ie 460 mm). A possible class of the machine is from the third to the twenty-second.
RMS models overview
The machine RMS PROKET is used for sewing knitted items with single-strand or two-strand chain stitches. The possible class of the machine is from the third to the eighteenth. The frontal movement moves counter-clockwise. The needle is located inside the front, and the looper is outside.
KMS 1420 is a kettling machine providing elastic stitching with a productivity of one thousand two hundred joints per minute. The parts are joined by a single-threaded chain seam. Can be used for stitching products from any kind of knitwear.