In an age of modern technology, the cameras are also on top. The abundance of lenses for different genres of photography, filters and special lenses help to make an excellent frame almost at the first attempt. But even here there are those who wish to improve still more. Thanks to this, various programs for artistic processing of photographs are very popular. The name is the most common of them even a child knows. Of course, we will talk about "Photoshop".
What is Photoshop?
Everyone who has a computer, at least once faced with this program, which is the most advanced graphics editor. It can work with any digital image. The number of tools allows artists and photographers to fully express their imagination. It may seem difficult for a beginner to understand, but it's worth watching a couple of video lessons, and everything will fall into place.
What is the artistic processing of photos in "Photoshop" is different from working in other programs?
- Availability. The demo version is completely downloaded for free and easily installed on the user's computer.
- Versatility. Here, both amateurs and professional designers can create their masterpieces. There are tools for elementary and artistic processing of photographs.
- A large number of functions. A huge selection of filters and brushes, backgrounds, etc.
- Free extensions. You can add missing options by downloading add-ons on the Internet.
- Easy to learn. If you use the program at an elementary level, it's easy to understand the processing yourself.
- High image quality.
Disadvantages of the program
- The complexity of mastering at a professional level. It will take a long time for the successful artistic processing of photos in Photoshop. But you can do this gradually, giving at least an hour every day. For study not only their files, but also those taken on the Internet will do.
- The full version is paid. You will have to pay a certain amount of money once a month or buy an Adobe software package. Usually they subscribe for an unlimited period of time. But it can be interrupted by contacting the company 14 days before the next write-off.
Opportunities for Creativity
With the help of the "Photoshop" editor, in addition to processing photos in the artistic style, you can perform other tasks: create your own drawings, posters on the wall, images with augmented reality, calendars, covers for magazines and other printed publications, postcards.
Basic methods of work
There are many ways of artistic processing of photographs. It is not necessary to use them all, but it is better to know the capabilities of the program. Some tricks can be very useful depending on the idea.
- Amplification of illumination. It will be necessary to eliminate dark spots and shadows where it is not needed. To do this, on the additional layer, highlight the desired places and apply the original image to it using the ColorDodge tool.
- Using levels when working with photography helps to soften the tone, get rid of the lighted areas.
- Change the tone. It is necessary to create a corrective layer and experiment on it with the settings of the color hue, saturation and brightness. You can also create several types of fill and overlap them.
- Contrast enhancement. Sometimes I want the photo to be more precise and detailed. Then increase the contrast of medium tones.
- Sunset. Usually the pictures of this part of the day are very beautiful and without additional processing. But sometimes the tone is too cold. To add heat to the frame, use a gradient map where the appropriate colors are selected.
- Changing the mood. It happens that the person in the photo does not have a smile. This can also be corrected by using the puppet deformation.
- Correction of skin tone is one of the most sought-after art treatments for photographs. To prevent a person from being lost on the retouched frame, you can change the hue by using a separate soft brush, having previously adjusted the values in the Hue / Saturation tab. Also the program helps to give the skin aristocratic pallor or on the contrary to emphasize the expressive relief.
- Reducing noise interference. This defect is often irritating to the eye, resembling fine grains of sand, unnecessary in the frame. It appears when there is a lack of natural light and shooting indoors. To remove it, use the channel palette.
- Create a retro-effect or sepia tone. Achieved with the help of filters.
- Giving expressiveness to the eyes. The layering mode "Brightness" is applied.
Problems of wedding photographers
This day is very solemn and restless at the same time. The person conducting the survey, lurks a lot of difficulties, to cope with which will help only the artistic processing of photographs. Capricious weather will make the day gloomy and cloudy. Too bright sunlight threatens to overexpose the pictures. "Superfluous" people will get in the frame. Suddenly the wind will fly, it will rain. A quick change of events does not provide an opportunity to properly debug the settings. A large number of people look at the photographer asynchronously.
Quality celebratory album
What will help to reanimate even the most lost footage? No professional can do without the artistic processing of wedding photography. A beginner in this area will have enough to master the rules of retouching, changing tones and working with color.
Identify the main trends in the design of images from the day of marriage.
- Retro style. From time to time, the fashion for aged romantic images appears again. But the process of working to achieve this effect is rather difficult. You need to be an advanced user of "Photoshop".
- Bright colors, glare. Such pictures do not look very natural due to saturation. More like posters or postcards.
- Naturalness. The photographer uses only light from the window for shooting and does not add any additional effects during processing. It turns out very gentle look. That suits the image of a girl getting married.
- Classic. The preference is for calm colors, there are no superfluous objects in the frame, the exposition is built from what is on the site of the wedding. Unrealistic backgrounds, fairy-tale characters, etc. do not finish. Attention is given to the emotional state of the groom, the bride, their relatives and friends. In this case, you get a very beautiful bewitching shot, requiring only a small accent in Photoshop.
- Beauty-retouch is used on almost all major plans and portraits. To a photographer telling a beautiful fairy tale about love, it is necessary to make some reasonable corrections to the shortcomings of appearance. It can be a slightly swollen or worn out make-up, an unfortunate pose that adds an extra crease in an unnecessary place or the most common pimple jumped in bad time in the most prominent place. The artistic processing of photographs is exactly what is needed for such moments.
Do children need photos in the correction?
Images of children often and so look very naturalistic. But with the advent of fashion to spread pictures in social networks, the quality requirements are increased. To make the frames express the artistic development of children's photography in Photoshop. But here you have to be very careful, since busting, even a small one, will lead to unnatural puppet faces and artificial eyes, which will repel rather than provoke tenderness.
How can you avoid retouching?
- It's good to choose the place of shooting. It can be a perfectly normal meadow or a clearing in the park, but the children here will be bored. We need to interest them or give them something to make the photo session more fun. Or go where there is some entertainment. Joyous children, swinging on a swing or riding a hill, will look perfect in the frame.
- Reduce the duration. Try to shoot as quickly as possible so that children are not tired. Otherwise they will begin to be capricious and harmful.
- Maximize the use of everyone who came to the photo shoot.
- Correctly placed in relation to the baby. In this case, sometimes you have to sit down or even lie down, because the growth of the model can be quite small.
- Shoot best in sports mode without a flash or direct the flash to the side. A bright light will irritate the sensitive eyes of the child and distract his attention. The noise can be easily corrected with the help of the editor.
- You will need different lenses: for shooting near and at a distance.
- Avoid unnecessary bright details and hitting other children in the frame. But do not get upset, if something still interferes with the idea. You can always remove the interfering items and use the fill.
- Try not to expose the equipment to danger, keep it away from children's hands.
- Make contact with the baby. You can learn the name of the child and even play with him a little before the photo session. Then it will be easier for you to find a common language and the photos will get lively and joyful.
- After filming, it is desirable to thank the model, giving her some souvenir or sweet.
As a conclusion, it can be noted that it is possible to make expressive pictures without an editor. But this requires a very good technique and auxiliary equipment: different lenses, backgrounds, filters, light reflectors, flashes of different power, artificial lighting and all other adaptations of professional photographers. And what about ordinary people and those who simply feel uncomfortable from all these things, or rather from their huge number - traveling photographers and amateurs can not afford to carry it all with them. You should learn the basics of artistic processing of children's and adult photography in Photoshop to compensate for missing tools or skills. This is the secret of success: learn how to use this program - get the best pictures, admire and enjoy.